Where would you start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowan57

Reaction score
So, the Beers of Europe warehouse is only about 45 minutes from me.

The question is, where would you start? What would you buy? I think my tactic is to save up a bunch of cash and splash it all at once say every 6 months. I don't like the idea of the mixed cases particularly, I want to choose my own.

So, the Beers of Europe warehouse is only about 45 minutes from me.

The question is, where would you start? What would you buy? I think my tactic is to save up a bunch of cash and splash it all at once say every 6 months. I don't like the idea of the mixed cases particularly, I want to choose my own.

If you drink it quicker than 6 months. For many beer styles freshness matters so buy them and the drink them, don't wait.

I'd be tempted to go once a month and pick a different beer style to buy each time. Try to find that style from as many different countries (if possible) as you can, or at least geographically diverse areas to get an idea of the variation in the style. This way if you try a dozen different of a style, you don't like any of them you can probably safely write that off as a style you do not like. You might find though that you REALLY like two, but the other 10 sucked, in which case you just need to be careful in selecting beers in that style. Or maybe you like them all.

Back