Where to find StarSan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomman

Reaction score
My closes HomeBrew shop is not particularly convenient for me, any one have any other thoughts as to where I might find StarSan?

.. I'm hoping to pick some up today or tomorrow, are there any retail stores that would carry it? Is it only used for brewing purposes?

It's a streatch, but MAYBE at a resteraunt supply store, if not they will have a no-rinse sanitizer of some sort there....I think Chuck Talley mentioned that originally starsan was meant for the resteraunt/bar industry as well as the brewing...or was that iodophor...

star-san is specifically marketed as a brewery sanitizer. I'd say the chances of a restaurant supply store having it are slim to none.

buy online, and wait. Williams Brewing has pretty snappy delivery times IMO.

jezter6 said:
If you search around, some people have a decent bleach+water ratio that should work if you're in a pinch. Just be sure to rinse good!!

In a pinch I'd use hydrogen peroxide. Same effectiveness as bleach for sterilizing, but has the benefit of creating water as a byproduct. It uses oxygen the way bleach uses chlorine. You'd need a couple bottles, but its cheap.

Latest posts

Back