Quantcast

Where to find StarSan?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

tomman

Reaction score
My closes HomeBrew shop is not particularly convenient for me, any one have any other thoughts as to where I might find StarSan?

OP
T

tomman

Reaction score
.. I'm hoping to pick some up today or tomorrow, are there any retail stores that would carry it? Is it only used for brewing purposes?

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It's a streatch, but MAYBE at a resteraunt supply store, if not they will have a no-rinse sanitizer of some sort there....I think Chuck Talley mentioned that originally starsan was meant for the resteraunt/bar industry as well as the brewing...or was that iodophor...

malkore

Reaction score
star-san is specifically marketed as a brewery sanitizer. I'd say the chances of a restaurant supply store having it are slim to none.

buy online, and wait. Williams Brewing has pretty snappy delivery times IMO.

7Enigma

Reaction score
jezter6 said:
If you search around, some people have a decent bleach+water ratio that should work if you're in a pinch. Just be sure to rinse good!!
In a pinch I'd use hydrogen peroxide. Same effectiveness as bleach for sterilizing, but has the benefit of creating water as a byproduct. It uses oxygen the way bleach uses chlorine. You'd need a couple bottles, but its cheap.