Where to buy tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiGuy

Reaction score
I seem to use a lot of tubing, I was wondering if anyone knew where you could buy it in bulk and save some dough. Where I could buy the whole roll that they have at the LHBS. Any ideas?

A quick google for silicone hose brings up gvc.net - $88.62 plus shipping (and maybe tax) for 100ft of 1/2" peroxide cured silicone. Part no. 101-187843. Link should find everything from 5/16" up.

No idea if they are the best, cheapest, or any good at all.

Otherwise, the usual online brew shop suspects will sell by the foot for about $2/ft.

A quick google for silicone hose brings up gvc.net - $88.62 plus shipping (and maybe tax) for 100ft of 1/2" peroxide cured silicone. Part no. 101-187843. Link should find everything from 5/16" up.

No idea if they are the best, cheapest, or any good at all.

Otherwise, the usual online brew shop suspects will sell by the foot for about $2/ft.

Thanks for the link.

However, for connections between vessels you really would want 1/8" wall thickness on your 1/2" ID silicone hose, making 3/4" OD. These run you $183 (!) on that site. The 1/16" walls are way too floppy and kink like crazy.

100' of that kind of hose is way too much. 20' are probably all you'll use, even with a pump. Are you referring to vinyl tubing for racking, or tubing for beer/gas?

For silicone tubing I'd like to suggest BrewHardware. I just bought some from them and it is very high quality. I purchased from them because it is made in the USA and I appreciate vendors that sell quality American-made products. You can order any length you want. It is listed under Accessories.

http://brewhardware.com/accessories/118-silicone

the 1/16" walls are way too floppy and kink like crazy.

I use the 1/16" hose with some $0.60 springs I found with the correct ID from ACE hardware. I never have kinking problems and I think the springs look pretty slick as well.

nokink.jpg

More beer has 100 ft. Buys. Not really a roll. (No spool). Good vinyl .

I would think just Lowe's/Home Depot would let you buy it by the roll, even if they wouldn't have a bulk discount.

Back