Where to buy 2.5" tower with 2 or 3 taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasMcCall

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to score a Bev Air kegerator for cheap and now I want to replace the single tap tower with either a 2 or 3 tap model. The problem is the existing tower (and mounting holes) are only 2.5" diameter. The only multiple tap towers I've been able to find are 3" diameter. Anyone have a source for multi-tap 2.5" towers?

I don't want to drill the top for new mounting holes if I can help it. Adding a tap to the existing tower by drilling a new hole would mean rotating the tower (so the taps are above the drip pan) and therefor drilling new mounting holes. Acumetalfab.com only lists 3" towers. Ebay searches only return 3" towers.

Can anyone help or is my only option to drill new holes?

I ordered my tower from Acumetalfab.com and have been very happy with it. I got a 3 tap tower. If you call they can send you a quote, I think mine was about $65 for this:

tower only of course

P1040852.JPG

P1040855.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

I agree. Just drill a new hole. The top is nothing but plywood and insulation (and whatever top you have - metal, plastic, etc)

I drilled my single tap 2-1/2" tower and added 2 more taps. It now looks like hamann brewing's. Bought the taps and shanks from micromatic.

I drilled my single tap 2-1/2" tower and added 2 more taps. It now looks like hamann brewing's. Bought the taps and shanks from micromatic.

Adding 2 more would keep me from having to drill new mounting holes. Do you have a pic? I'm assuming you added the 2 new ones below the existing hole and on either side of it?

Adding 2 more would keep me from having to drill new mounting holes. Do you have a pic? I'm assuming you added the 2 new ones below the existing hole and on either side of it?

I don't have a way to post pics, but yeah, 1 on either side, maybe rotated 45 degrees from the middle and just slightly below the original one. My tower is chrome plated brass so it was easy to drill.

I don't have a way to post pics, but yeah, 1 on either side, maybe rotated 45 degrees from the middle and just slightly below the original one. My tower is chrome plated brass so it was easy to drill.

After 2 days of searching I think this is really my only option. It's a shame this came with a 2.5" tower but for what I paid for a commercial unit ($200) I figured there would be some issues. So far, this is the only one so I really can't complain.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Back