where the hell do you guys get your 1/2 barrel kegs ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illnastyimpreza

Reaction score
I've been looking FOREVER for someone selling an old keg. I've looked on craigslist, freecycle, and every other forum i'm on, I have had ZERO luck in finding ANY for sale !

where have you guys gotten yours ???

Just got mine (prebuilt - yes, I know...) from this guy. Not the cheapest, but good quality work. I'm very pleased - it performed well on it's first time out today...

Post a "wanted" ad on craig's list. I did and had 2 responses within a day. Neither have worked out yet, but once the ground thaws I'm in business. :)

over time, i have picked up 5 1/2 barrel, and 1 1/6th barrel kegs from craigslist. I also know of one recycle yard hear in the Seattle area that will sell me anything that they happen to have in stock at the time...

I think you just have bad timing, I've purchased 6 in the Boston area. They do pop-up on Craigslist, but I haven't seen them in awhile there.

Depends on if you want a one that is obtained legally or not. Most of the ones you'll get on CL are not properly obtained. I'm pretty sure mine is not legal but if I had to do it again I'd probably go talk to a brewery and get a damaged one from them.

+1 on your bad timing. Craigslist has supplied all I need and extras. 3- 1/2's, 2- 1/6's and a couple that appear to be 1/4's. Just check daily, and check the listings of the closest college city near you. Students always seem to be selling them(although they are probably someone else's).

I got a buddy that works at the local brewery and, believe it or not they got one back that had the top cut out!!!! GOOD VIBRATIONS

What are these made of that everyone goes gaga over? Are they Stainless?

I saw a few at the pawn shop in my area when I went to pick up a turkey burner. Got the burner for $20. They were selling the kegs for $35.

I missed out on them. I waited to long and they have already been sold. Oh well, I am still only on my fifth extract/steeping grains anyway. Still need practice! I will keep an eye for more kegs in my area.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back