Where my teachers at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 year second grade teacher, now a Director of Environmental Science.

Last edited:
I taught archery at a Cub Scout summer camp. Does that count?

Good on ya! I was thinking I'd be the first one to note that although I'm not a "paid" teacher, I've been involved as a Leader and Group Commisioner for Scouting for 9 years. Teaching life skills and trying to mould these little beings into useful respectful members of society.

Good on ya! I was thinking I'd be the first one to note that although I'm not a "paid" teacher, I've been involved as a Leader and Group Commisioner for Scouting for 9 years. Teaching life skills and trying to mould these little beings into useful respectful members of society.

I do miss it, and scouting in general. It was probably the best thing I ever did in my life. It helped I was part of a good troop with all of my friends. Priceless lessons learned from Cubs all the way to Eagle rank, most of which were not taught.

I'm 5th grade science and the wife is 8th grade language arts.
Spring break is this week so I'm trying to replenish our supply!

I taught and oversaw University-level Psychology labs for 3 years. I had enough, and moved into I.T., since computers make more sense.

I'm not sure whether you're referring to students or computers, but I've never gotten that level of complicity out of mine. Many of mine won't do anything you tell them, typical of 13 year olds.

Anyone teach in Chicago Public Schools? Seriously considering jumping ship in MS.

Chicago public schools and teachers don't have a great history. Look into it a little more if you're really interested, but I grew up near there and it often wasn't pretty.

I've read stories. I like a challenge. My daughter is mixed-race (adoption) and there is little diversity/opportunity down here.

Latest posts

Back