Where is best US Oktoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckbeagle

Reaction score
Ok guys I have been to the real deal, but this crappy economy will not allow that this year!!!!

Where is some of the best US locations for domestic Oktoberfest festivities?

Where it be? :ban::ban:

Cincinnati, Ohio. Never been to it. 500,000 people go to it. It is known as America's largest. Oktoberfest home - Oktoberfest Zinzinnati

I go to Cincy's Oktoberfest every year. There's definitely a lot of people and some pretty good food and beers there too. My favorite Oktoberfest beer is Christian Moerlein's 5th and Vine which just happens to be local to Cincy.

This region was settled by a lot of Germans so Oktoberfest is a pretty big deal. I know of at least 3 separate O-fest celebrations within 5 miles of each other.

If you are in the Pittsburgh PA area, Penn Brewery has a pretty good Oktoberfest. The beer is great and the festivities are always a blast.

I hear Church Brew Works has a decent one too, but I haven't been to that one yet.

I have to second Helen. It's certainly not the largest but the small Bavarian themed Georgia town is practically made for Oktoberfest.

Milwaukee....and make sure you get your hands on some Rowland's Calumet Oktoberfest...best in the nation hands down, and right behind Ayinger worldwide (really a toss-up in my book).

I have gone to this one a bunch of times, they brew their own and they bring the real deal from munich http://www.alpinevillage.net/
September 12th, 2009 thru October 25th, 2009 BEER GARDEN SCHEDULE

Fri - 6:30 pm to 1 am (21years and older only)
$8.00 Admission

Sat - 6 pm to 1 am (21years and older only)
$8.00 Admission

Sun - Noon to 8:00 pm (Family Day)
$5.00 Admission
Children under 12 free with adult

OMM PA PA BRASS BANDS

Beer Garden: Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Alpine Inn: Wednesday & Thursday 11:30 am - 2:30 pm

THE LARGEST AND LONGEST
OKTOBERFEST IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!

EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Woodsawing - Steinholding -Cow Milking - Food - Beer - Chicken Dance and MUCH more!

I think my wife and I are going to head up to New Glarus, WI to hit their Oktoberfest this year. I don't think it's all that big, though. It seems to focus primarily on the brews of New Glarus Brewery.

I WILL BE AT THE ONE AT HARPOON BREWERY IN BOSTON ,http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/index.cfm?pid=28569 ,Friday, Oct. 2nd & Saturday, Oct. 3rd, 2009

The first weekend in October is time for our German style Octoberfest, one of the biggest in New England. Come enjoy fresh Harpoon Octoberfest beer, German food, and German Oompah music. Ja!

LATEST UPDATES ABOUT HARPOON OCTOBERFEST

* Band Schedule will be posted in mid-Spetember
* Watch the Video from Harpoon Octoberfest 2008

All About Harpoon Octoberfest:

The 20th anniversary of Boston

the family and I went to Addison TX's Oktoberfest this past weekend, and it was a blast. I will definetely go back next year.

Doesn't really qualify but I just got back from Las Vegas and went to Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas. It was fairly similar to the original Hofbrauhaus in Munich, in decor/building as well as festive atmosphere, just not nearly as big.

The Oktoberfest Goulash was pretty good, the Oktoberfest Bier was good (but was less 'Oktoberfesty' and lighter colored than I expected) and we had a great time.

Ein prosit!
Ein prosit!
Der Gerfrumpenmierheit...
:drunk:
I never could figure out what that last word is...didn't stop me from shouting/mumbling something the 129 times it was sung while there.:D

Blast! the blue monkey tavern sold out of tickets!!!! i'm back to nowhere to go! need help. are there no damn germans around philadelphia??? what gives.

We have no community Oktoberfest celebrations here in Central IL (that I know of), and I'm not about to drive any extended distance to one....besides, Märzen isn't exactly my favorite style. We do have an area restaurant that has a great Oktoberfest menu, and we'll be visiting next week. Been a long time since I've had a fix of Schweinshax'n.

http://www.bayernstube.com/

+1 for Helen, GA. Got to love a Bavarian town in the middle of the GA mountains! I am going up on the 22n-24th I think.

Went to a local brew club's oktoberfest. Was pretty nice. They cut the tickets off at 200 which for Chicago is tiny. Things got a little crowded because of the rain, but other then that think they did a great job. I hadn't joined the club yet so I got to be a partier rather then a worker :) The beer was arranged in an L so the two pics below are different even the though they look similar.

The club
The Beer List
IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

There are several good fests going on down here in New Orleans this year, which is great news because in the past 10 years I've noticed a surprising amount of really crappy Oktoberfests put on by the major beer manufacturers, I guess just to make a buck.

I stopped going to a major one around here a couple years ago when the only beer I could buy at the beer tent was referred to as a silver bullet.

~r~

Back