Where in the world is EdWort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuginator

Reaction score
Still alive?

Still brewing?

Happy? Sad?

In jail? :)

I'm sure there are a lot of folks on here that still need to call him a really bad name after having had too much Apfelwein!

People's lives get busy and take a break from brewing or just don't have anything to say, If you're on here long enough. I've been around here for a long time and don't post as much as I used to.

Yeah, it is sad to see a virtual friend just fade off into the fog. I have, in the past, sent him PM's without response. Called him all sorts of disreputable names for disappearing so abruptly. Nothing. Yeah, I miss him on HBt, What can you say or do? Lives change, people change. He was a character for sure...

Looks like he hasn't logged in since November.

I guess he's just REALLY determined to avoid any sort of interaction with sudbuster. Can't say I blame the guy. :p

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I live right near bee caves... I could visit him after my finals!... If I knew his address lol...

It would be neat to see more updates on EdWort's brew shed, or some photos of it in action.

In any case, I do understand how people's lives and hobbies change. I haven't brewed for... a long LONG time... but I still check this site out multiple times daily and will for as long as I can.

Brewers are just too damn cool NOT to keep tabs on. :)

Yeah, it is sad to see a virtual friend just fade off into the fog. I have, in the past, sent him PM's without response. Called him all sorts of disreputable names for disappearing so abruptly. Nothing. Yeah, I miss him on HBt, What can you say or do? Lives change, people change. He was a character for sure...

Just heard from Sudbuster. He's 76 now I think. Oof. I'll let him check in if/when he feels like it.

He came down last year and hung out. Work and family were keeping him real busy. So he's still alive, at the time I don't think he was actively brewing.

I was in Bee Cave last spring, and I suddenly pulled out my phone and didn't have his number, just an email. Darn it. Next time, I need to plan in advance!

I feel I benefited greatly from @Edwort 's contribution to this great forum. The guy always came across as a very witty and knowledgable gent in his postings.

Someone to emulate, so to speak.

Best of luck Ed, whatever you're up to. Thanks for sharing your knowhow with us all.

Back