Where do you purchase your equipment/ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am fortunate enough to have Beer, Beer, & More Beer within driving distance. I tend to go out there because they have some great folk there......plus the taps in the back!:cross:

But, I won't hesitate to order from San Francisco Brewcraft, Seven Bridges Coop, or Homebrew Heaven.

Northern Brewer & Midwest, NB ships faster (same or next day) Midwest is almost always 2 days to ship.

I basically pass right by Northers Brewer on my way to pick up at Midwest. Both are within 30 minutes of me. I think Midwest has a far better selection and the people at Midwest are a cut above.
:tank:

Jeff have you tried Brew City Supplies in Brookfield? They are in a store called The Market Basket on Lisbon at 148th st.

Edit: I mentioned BCS because they are close to you. I go to Hop To It in Racine.

No, I didnt even know it was there - We have a few around the Milwaukee Area. A few Frugal Homebrewers who IMHO are way over priced. Brew & Grow in Brookfield is overpriced as well. The purple foot is good on 92nd and Oklahoma.

I will check out BCS today - thanks!

I try to use my LHBS as much as possible, but I like getting my bulk hops from Freshops. For bulk grain, it's hard to beat the LHBS price when there's no shipping involved. Yeast is about the same price everywhere, so again I go LHBS.

I used Northern Brewer, Craigs List and eBay for gear. (And Home Depot.)

So I'll say Brew and Grow in Schaumburg, IL is where I get my supplies.

Midwest Supplies or my LHBS, Corrados. It is a bit of a drive but the only one I know of in North Jersey.

No LHBS so all internet order.Used to use NB but they can't reasonably ship to me anymore.I now use Midwest for little things and AHS for large grain orders and such.
Cheers:mug:

Depends on who, among the various LHBS's who have all the products I'm looking for, has the cheapest total after adding S&H. For most purchases, I'll do a side-by-side comparison of shopping carts, with each one in it's own Firefox tab. Sometimes, the decision is easy, because only one place will have all the items I need for my order. Austin Homebrew Supply is a great standard. If they don't have what I need, I'll go with Midwest (they have better prices on bulk grain).

Brewmeister Jeff said:
No, I didnt even know it was there - We have a few around the Milwaukee Area. A few Frugal Homebrewers who IMHO are way over priced. Brew & Grow in Brookfield is overpriced as well. The purple foot is good on 92nd and Oklahoma.

I will check out BCS today - thanks!

Greg at the Frugal Hombrewer in Waukesha is where I go. His prices are reasonable (comparable to NB and Midwest with shipping) and I know for a fact that he co-orders much of the ingredients for the Market Basket/BCS and the other frugal shops. He always throws in a extra pound of grain in all my orders and has given me credit on a Wyeast pack that was defective. Plus he usually has beer on tap for the asking.

As an all grain brewer, Purple Foot IMO has a limited supply of grain and is more geared towards the wine crowd. I will, however, use them in a pinch for small items because they are closer to me.

LHBS is about an hour drive for me, so I order everything online. I've ordered from Beer & Wine Hobby before, but 99% of everything that I order comes from austinhomebrew.com

Typically, most of my stuff from Austin Homebrew. I have two LHBS, but only use them in emergencies.

I've historically bought most of my ingredients from the local HBS (Hennessy Homebrew), but that's a bit of a drive (more than an hour each way). I've bought a lot of stuff from Northern Brewer (Barley Crusher should be here tomorrow!), but I'm thinking of switching over to Austin to give a little love and support to Forrest, who's good enough to post here on a regular basis. For big stuff, there's a guy who has opened a (non-storefront) "store" here in the Berkshires. He's also leading a new homebrew club, so I've ordered a couple sacks of grain from him that I can just pick up and not worry about delivery on.

I have to give some mad credit to one of our Local Homebrew shops.

Saturday afternoon my brother and I were making 2 batches and as my brother was cleaning/sanatizing the hydrometer it slipped between his fingers and bounced off the rim of the sink and in what he recalls as a very slow theatrical motion it falls to the basement floor and shatters.

We called all the local Brew Stores and all but one was closed. Luckily Brew and Grow had answered the phone, However they were closing in 2 minutes. We pleaded with them to stay open and my brother drove there which was 20 minutes away. He drove there and as he pulled into the parking lot he ran out of gas. The guy was pulling out of the parking lot as Josh was pulling in and turned around to let him buy the Hydrometer.

Now we all know that a hydrometer is a crucial part of the process and without Brew and Grow we would have been screwed. I am thankful that they stayed open and through them being willing to stay open have found a return client.

THANKS BREW & GROW!!!

I've enjoyed doing business with a number of places, including:
-My LHBS, first and foremost.
-Adventures in Homebrewing (aforementioned www.homebrewing.org ; you can't beat their keg prices! They have a few other steals, like their smaller SS pots.
-Midwest: good service and generally excellent prices. Very fast shipping.

I go to The Frugal Home Brewer in Waukesha. His prices are great compared to getting stuff online and he his very knowledgeable. His stuff is always fresh. I've called up with questions and he will answer them. I don't mind driving a little farther to get my stuff because I know I will get quality produces and knowledge.

I buy all my ingredients from www.allseasonsnashville.com

They are 3 minutes' drive from my house, and the guys are friggin' awesome.

Their prices are comparable with any online retailer once S & H is factored in. All employees are knowledgeable and have answered any question I've had.

I enjoy giving a great local shop my business.

William's Brewing doesn't seem to be very popular is there a reason why? I was introduced to home brewing and them and they seem to be pretty good so far.

What Ales Ya most often but will patron Brewers Connection or the Homebrew Depot if I'm in their neck of the woods.

Wild

Back