When to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofar5453

Reaction score
This is my first batch and my brew has been fermenting in the primary for the last 13 days since I removed the blow off tube. There is currently a bubble passing through the airlock every 2 minutes 11 seconds. At what point will my fermentation have progressed far enough that I can siphon the brew to a secondary containing my malt mixture and bottle it? All my book says is that I have to wait until there is no activity. Any suggestions? Thanks

You are ready to rack to secondary. a burp ever 2 minutes is nothing. Have you taken a hydrometer reading?? I would say go for it!!! primary fermentation is done....

Take a hydrometer reading. That will tell you if it's time ro rack. You then have the (recommended) option of letting it sit in the secondary for a coiple of weeks before you bottle. If you do a search for "bottling", you'll find a number of threads discussing this subject. :mug:

Back