When to allow temps to rise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earsling

Reaction score
At what point do you let your temperature rise during primary? I usually stop cooling (swamp cooler) after the krausen drops and the airlock quiets down. I'm wondering if I'm making an error here. My beers have been fine; I just want to improve, and this is where I'm at with my current batch.

If the beer is fine your process is probably good.

I personality increase 1F per day after I see any indication that the fermentation is slowing. And then I never exceed some arbitrary maximum that seems high enough.

If the beer is fine your process is probably good.

I personality increase 1F per day after I see any indication that the fermentation is slowing. And then I never exceed some arbitrary maximum that seems high enough.

Same here. Usually around 72 hours I see a significant decrease in activity so I bring it up 1 degree a day for 4 days and hold steady for about a week. Really just depends on your yeast and style of brew.

Back