When should I drink my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unkle Danky

Reaction score
I have a Bavarian Hefe that I plan on bottling next tuesday, which would be 18 days in primary. I have read that Hefes are meant to be "enjoyed" fresher, or with less aging. I was thinking it would be rdy to go 3 weeks after bottling. Do I have my timeline right? Is there a negative to having it in bottles for a couple months.. Probably wont last that long anyway but just in case I wanted to horde a few til around Christmas.

Do your hefe a favor and consume it young, it doesn't want to hang out on your shelf for more than a couple months. Usually, the darker or stronger the beerr, the longer it will last, and hefes aren't dark or strong.

I think 3 weeks to bottle condition is about the norm. Obviously, don't look for it to be crystal clear as Hefe's are generally cloudy.

After 5:00 PM. Except on Saturday and Sundays. Or Holidays.

Or brew days. Or half days. Or sick days. Or days the boss is out.

+1 to give it 3 weeks, then let 'er rip - as long as carbonation has been achieved, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Hefe is on my to-brew before Xmas list.

After 5:00 PM. Except on Saturday and Sundays. Or Holidays.
Or anytime American FOOTBALL is on, here in Hawaii we can get some College games very early in the morning.
Our team is not doing so well, so more HB tends to ease the pains. :drunk:

Back