What's your user name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has nothing common with what you are thinking of.... :cross:

"Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental." :p

Mine's goofy but hey I like malt-forward beers

...and hop-forward beers

...and yeasty estery beers

...and balanced beers

...and....you get the point

:drunk:

Huge fan of Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains. "cantrell" is typically always taken so I always throw "00" on the end of it.

Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend lefties; my lovely and talented wife is one of your kind.

Unfortunately, in the language we are using, it seems that the primary meanings of "right" are as synonyms for "correct." For example, see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/right You'll see that reference to the right side of one's body does not appear before meaning number 6. It could be a difficult project to change our usage in the way you want. For example, we mathematicians would have to start calling "right angles" (orthogonal in Greek) "correct angles."

However, the good news is that "left" has no definition associating it with "incorrect," unless one deems liberal politics to be incorrect. See http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/left

How about leftovers, left out, out in left field, left behind, left handed compliment, dancing with two left feet, etc? Sinister means left, correct? A lefty friend used to say only left handed people were in their right mind.

Hamaki was how I was routinely greeted by a three year old boy trying to say, "Hi, Mikey".

I have that ep, and every other thing Radiohead's released. Have you gotten that rap mixtape that has various rappers over samples of their songs? My favorite one uses a distorted loop of The National Anthem. I think the name of the collection was something like Me and This Army (obviously referencing the Amnesiac track)

I don't but that sounds awesome. I do have a reckoner remix that has eve of all people rapping over it. It's not to bad

My wife and I are odd and often use a combo of mutually understood gibberish and sometimes movie/TV references. Qhrumphf came from there. I believe it derived from Borat's use of "chram". Sounds similar sound to one you'd make while being punched really hard in the stomach.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there may be some "Give the Governor a Harrumph" from Blazing Saddles in the origin too. Just know we started using it, it became a user name I've used for years (Xbox and every forum that I'm on), but we don't really use it any more.

Other than unionrdr, who I also always thought was "Union Dr.", you're one of the few I hoped would post in this thread. Thanks Qhrumphf!

Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend lefties; my lovely and talented wife is one of your kind.

Unfortunately, in the language we are using, it seems that the primary meanings of "right" are as synonyms for "correct." For example, see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/right You'll see that reference to the right side of one's body does not appear before meaning number 6. It could be a difficult project to change our usage in the way you want. For example, we mathematicians would have to start calling "right angles" (orthogonal in Greek) "correct angles."

However, the good news is that "left" has no definition associating it with "incorrect," unless one deems liberal politics to be incorrect. See http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/left

Left in Latin is sinister isn't it? I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Yeah yeah yeah. Just giving you a hard time! Cheers :mug:

I'm just a big mug:

masskrug.gif

My grandfather was big into Ham Radio as his hobby; his sign was W0GWT.

I don't do the radio thing, but I use the name for this hobby.

Yeah, I never even noticed the first "r" until now. Also thought it was "union dr". I'm still reading through the rest of these...

I always saw the "Q" as an "O", thinking yours was like, O,Hrumphf. Like an exclamation. Now I look closer & se it's a Q. I guess new glasses ain't everything?...

I always thought it was union roader haha.

Mine is since I'm a supervisor in a group home and my coworkers act like children. Plus I have 2 kids...

Being a mechanically minded auto worker, I'm thinking of building a fermentation cabinet with a small room A/C unit plugged into a temp controller.

Being a mechanically minded auto worker, I'm thinking of building a fermentation cabinet with a small room A/C unit plugged into a temp controller.

Kinda like a sm. walk in cooler? Just have to have it on outside wall for the condenser side to dissipate heat.

I was thinking of building it to fit on top of my fermenter stand. The air inside the cabinet won't come out that hot, or even warm. Lil plus there I think? Being in the UAW & a hotrodder besides, you think up all kinds of cool stuff to get the job done.

Back in High School I went through a phase where Ancient History was all i could think about (20 odd years later not much has changed lol)

Egypt being one of my Favorite topics, I spent some time browsing the Book of the Dead an saw Ra Harmakis and thought it looked pretty bad ass.

Ra Harmakis as I saw it then roughly translated to The Great God In His Boat.

Since I started using it as my online handle, I've since discovered that I've spelled it incorrectly it more commonly appears as Ra-Harmakhis.

I've used it so long now that I would be sad giving it up!

Had to come up with an alias for SASS cowboy shootin matches. It is part of the rules like costuming, (as seen in my profile pic). To many Doc's and Evil Roy's so I came up with an acronym, it is actually J.I.N.K.S.
Just an
Imaginary
Name for
Kris
Stanley

Used to use a variety of screen names over the years. About 2012 a forum I joined for bass players had a convention in the acoustic bass side where most of us used our real names. Between that and having a public website advertising my music services, I realized I had very little web privacy and stopped caring about screennames. I'm usually SWohldmann or my full name, but for reasons unsure, (possibly related to imbibing homebrew) I chose SeraW this time.

While at at beer fest with my beer drinking friends, we hit the high gravity bourbon beers and soon after the warmth of the bourbon started to course thru my veins. I have come up with a "new" category for these types of beers called ITV which stands for In The Vein.

My wife and I are odd and often use a combo of mutually understood gibberish and sometimes movie/TV references. Qhrumphf came from there. I believe it derived from Borat's use of "chram". Sounds similar sound to one you'd make while being punched really hard in the stomach.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there may be some "Give the Governor a Harrumph" from Blazing Saddles in the origin too. Just know we started using it, it became a user name I've used for years (Xbox and every forum that I'm on), but we don't really use it any more.

No idea what it meant but always made me think of getting gut punched

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Last name. Wasn't a particularly well known one until a few years ago...

What's funny is my middle name is Edward. The day after the news broke I happened to have a meeting for a project on a national guard base. The colonels/majors/captains all had a good chuckle when I introduced myself.

I thought it was the sound a naughtsy makes when you punch him in the throat. bwahahahhaa!!!

Back