What's your ride?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sirsloop said:
94 sammi... EFI, old man emu lift, 33"s, gears, lockers...

DCP_2144.JPG

Super sweet. :D

SwAMi75 said:
Damn! Is that a Powerstroke?

yup

best pull of the day was 351 HP / 765 TQ

since my buddy was testing his programming, and paying for the dyno time, he got the best sheet. ;)

<end reply to SwAMi75>

whoever has that silver T/A ... drooooool.....

I would love to see a "Smokey and the Bandit 2006" or something like that, with a modern Bird, and ancient Jerry Reed and Burt Reynolds...

then again, without Jackie Gleason, it wouldn't be the same. Mebbe John Goodman as his distant cousin... ???

Just saw this thread and decided to resurrect...

Here is my 2002 TJ - its a work in progress

4141-Jeep.jpg

You can barely see our hemi-powered Grand Cherokee sitting right behind it. And if my Jeep wasn't enough stress relief - here is what I drive when I REALLY need to get my mind off things

4141-A.jpg

img_0428.jpg

this used to be an XJ......

built it, wheeled the hell out of it, sold it to a friend......

You all need to sell yer' Jeeps and buy an X! *ducks*
61977112.jpg

Ok, ok it's my wife's...but it's still a sweet ride!

brentg said:
img_0428.jpg

this used to be an XJ......

built it, wheeled the hell out of it, sold it to a friend......

Sweet! I've seen that pic elsewhere. My roomate is a NAXJA guy....he probably showed it to me.

Welcome to the forum!

johnsma22 said:
Here are a couple of shots of mine.

John

516255525.jpg

515563398.jpg

Looks like a '74 Trans Am... I use to own a Gold Edition '78 Trans Am & a '73 Formula Firebird, miss them both :(

Nice buggy!

Tons of non Jeeps posted, but still a few nice ones anyhoo! Including the Boobicons :D

No pics of my project YJ, but here are some of mt DD 85 CJ7. The top doors and windshield go down in March or April and don't go back up/on untill late Oct, early Nov rain or shine. (before I removed the cross bars)
a640bafe.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Hitting the rock garden in my stock resto project sitting on 31's that people with 2.5"+ of lift with 34's wouldn't touch. It's all about the right line (as long as you don't get pushed off that right line)
DCP02400.jpg

OK, here's a shot of my project Betty, and why she became a project. That's the transfer case. A chick pulled out about 10 feet in front of me. Shattered the transfer caes, snapped the leafspring and shackle mount, trashed the fender, possibly bent the driveshaft and possible internal damage to the fron axle.
jeep014.jpg

Any Ducati riders on here? I sold my motorcyles - a 1980 KZ750 (slow and loud) and a 1985 Maxim X (scary fast) about 5 years ago and I've missed them ever since. The wife wants a bigger house, so I think in a year or two after we get that taken care of it will be time for a new toy for me.

So, now that I'm thinking about getting a bike again I figured I might as well go all the way and go Italian:rockin: I've wanted a Monster 900 ever since they were first introduced, so I think that's going to be my choice. It seems you can pick up a decent used one for about $4000-5000.

Another of my projects:

4688-41chevbackground.JPG

1941 Chevy Special Deluxe. That pic is exactly as I bought it, and it hasn't changed much. I pulled the POS Olds 305 out and scrapped it. First on the long list of things to do is fabricating a chassis and suspension setup (from the ground up) - air suspension, Mustang II front end, and a 4-link rear with a Ford 9." Eventually it'll have a blown 383 Chevy small block. I'm looking for 500-600 hp and sub 12s in the quarter. Not bad for an old family wagon...

alemonkey said:
oooh, that's a cool car. Going to leave it in black primer? Black primer is the best hot rod color ever.
Thanks, man! Actually I'm thinking of painting it a deep, dark blue. I will admit that the black "suede" look is pretty bitchin' though!

Flat black would be pretty cool. I don't remember where I saw it, but someone makes a flatting agent that you add to paint which will get you the "black primer" look without actually using black primer which isn't a terribly durable coating!

Baron von BeeGee said:
Flat black would be pretty cool. I don't remember where I saw it, but someone makes a flatting agent that you add to paint which will get you the "black primer" look without actually using black primer which isn't a terribly durable coating!

Yeah but touch ups are easy with a can of krylon. ;)

Cool ride Yuri, but my ? is, who would put a 305 Olds in that?

Ize

Ize said:
Yeah but touch ups are easy with a can of krylon. ;)

Cool ride Yuri, but my ? is, who would put a 305 Olds in that?

Ize
I have an even better question...why did they cut the fender walls to fit it in there? It was really hacked up by the previous owner. I think he wanted a cheap drag car and failed miserably.

Here is my "Guam Bomb" I picked up for 500 bucks. Put another couple hundred into it for tires, tint, seat cover, etc. It's 19 years old now, so needless to say, the paint job was not exactly high gloss... needed some help. 50 dollars in Neon spray paint, one free Saturday afternoon, and a quick look back to my misspent youth was all it took (Uncle Sam does not want me to indulge in certain herbals anymore, but I can still pretend, can't I?) The yellow Chevy came as a bonus with the SWMBO.

I get a LOT of comments around town, and I hardly ever have to pull out my ID when passing the gate guard on base!

5147-BoonieCar2.jpg

5147-BoonieCar1.jpg

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, green. First year they went back to the round headlights. I got it with all the options except the CD player, automatic tran., and anti-lock breaks.

Bought it brand new and now its pushing 175,000 miles.

However, in the last year I have found out that it really sucks as a family car. Lifting my daughter in and out of the back seat is really killing my back.

flubdubman's pic reminded me of what I did to my car when I was in Korea. It was an unassuming maroon color when I bought it... When I left it, it looked like this and was rigged to shoot flames from the exhaust with push-button activation from the driver's seat.

4688-kimchi.JPG

Yuri_Rage said:
flubdubman's pic reminded me of what I did to my car when I was in Korea. It was an unassuming maroon color when I bought it... When I left it, it looked like this and was rigged to shoot flames from the exhaust with push-button activation from the driver's seat.

4688-kimchi.JPG

Where in Korea were you?

That looks like it should be a taxi cab in Death Race 2000. :mug:

Dude said:
Where in Korea were you?

That looks like it should be a taxi cab in Death Race 2000. :mug:
Osan - squadron colors were green/gold.

I was a bit disappointed that it turned out so taxi-cab-ish, but it was pretty fun to turn heads with the flame trick. It also had a horn that played a bunch of sounds including "La Cucaracha."

Yuri_Rage said:
Osan - squadron colors were green/gold.

Haha....I was stationed there in 97-98.

I'll never forget that year--one of the best of my life. I made so many great friends and I saw my supervisor so drunk that he was walking up a hill sideways. So many great memories from there.....A buddy of mine got "incarcerated" by town patrol one night because he beaned one of them with a snow ball. Snowball fights down by Aragon Alley were a regular event until that night. ;)

Did you ever go to the Heavy Metal club? When I was stationed at Camp Page in 2002, we stayed at Osan one weekend and the place was closed....that was our hangout at Osan. The best Soju kool-aids EVAR.

Yeah...somehow I managed to evade incarceration...curfew? What curfew?

It didn't snow much the year I was there, but there was plenty of buffoonery on Aragon Alley nonetheless.

I think the Heavy Metal Club was gone, but the Whisky Club was good for loud music and strobe lights. I hear there was a "wax show" at the Golden Gate...yeah, that's it, a friend told me... Our hangout was The Hurricane.

flubdubman said:
How did you do the flame trick? I would LOVE to rig something like that up... I bet I could get a bunch more $ for it when I put it up for sale very shortly.
:drunk: LEGAL NOTE: This is for academic purposes only and should not be attempted on road-going vehicles...:drunk:

First, you need balls - especially to do this on a military installation. If you've got the cajones, read on: :rockin:

You'll need either some electronics expertise or this kit.

The idea is that you atomize raw fuel into the exhaust and ignite it with a constantly excited spark plug. The kit above uses its own coil and trigger to make an almost constant spark across the plug gap. You could probably rig one up out of junkyard parts.

The kit is intended for use in carbureted vehicles - if installed exactly per the directions, it momentarily cuts ignition to the cylinders, unburned fuel flows into the exhaust, the exhaust spark plug triggers, and flames result. You have to rev the engine prior to actuating it in order for it to work this way, else you don't have enough fuel, there's no flame, your engine dies...and you look like a dork.

My car was fuel injected, so I teed off of the fuel supply line (about 30-40 psi) and used a solenoid valve and fan spray nozzle intended for nitrous systems to inject fuel into the exhaust stream ahead of the spark. I eliminated the ignition cut-off wiring and just triggered the spark and solenoid valve with the switch. Use the smallest fuel jet size you can find with the nozzle - mine was overkill and tended to sort of "burp" and light the parking lot on fire.

A little late, but here's my whip. 2003 350Z, owned since it had 15k miles, but I'm now up to around 80k. No real problems not fixed under warranty. Added the lip kit, wheels, suspension, and a few breather mods (intake, intake plenum/,manifold, headers, race pipes, exhaust). Owned for 2.5 years or so... winters coming though so I'm looking for a beater. My 95 celica from last year took a crap.

JBShoot10.jpg

JBShoot2.jpg

JBShoot7.jpg

JBShoot4.jpg

Oh and PS. My brother is a jeeper. 97 or 98 sahara edition, black steelies with no clue how big tires, extended fenders, black steel bumpers/winch, hellas, besttop, etc. Waitin on a 4" lift I believe...

Back