What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geological Engineer (Coal Mining)

I also own and operate a small engine repair shop (Because the above job is soul crushing)

charter deckhand, aspiring inventor

Capture.JPG

Mechanical Engineer working at an industrial combustion company... I do product engineering and technical support for burners used in steel forging, heat treating, homogenizing, melting, etc...

Oh, and charring the inside of Jack Daniels barrels! (The video was quite cool I saw from a co-worker).

I'd get rid of all detention and enforce manual labor. cut class? good! we have a ditch that needs digging. don't forget to fill it back in when you're done. bwahahahahaa!!!

Make them backfill it with pea gravel that needs to be wheelbarrowed in over a mud pit on a 2x4 "bridge."

I'm a recycling engineer. I push a metal collection vehicle down less-fortunate areas of the city and remove their cans and bottles. Its pretty cool, once its full if you push it hard enough you can even ride it for 5-10 feet on the way to the drop off location. The compensation could be better, but I like to think I'm doing the world a service and cleaning up dirty neighborhoods.

I am a Senior Engineer. Yeah it sounds exciting, no it is not.....

Could be worse, you could be a Senior Web Developer like me! "Gosh, Mickey, what poorly-documented frame work are we using THIS week?"

"Gee, Doc, it looks like (spins big wheel-o-technology, zzzzz tickatickaticka)... backbone.js. Ever heard of it?"

"Nope, let's get started! The boys in sales told the customer we'd have their analytics package done in two weeks, time's a-wastin'!"

Make them backfill it with pea gravel that needs to be wheelbarrowed in over a mud pit on a 2x4 "bridge."

My "dean of students" literally threw the book at me.

I'm a recycling engineer. I push a metal collection vehicle down less-fortunate areas of the city and remove their cans and bottles. Its pretty cool, once its full if you push it hard enough you can even ride it for 5-10 feet on the way to the drop off location. The compensation could be better, but I like to think I'm doing the world a service and cleaning up dirty neighborhoods.

Should I just dump the bags of empties out on my front lawn?

@sheephrdr, my last roommate/landlord was a bricklayer foreman (the guy who gave out the running orders, dunno what they're called), and he claimed he could get away with any crime he wanted because his job basically wore off his fingerprints.

how accurate is that claim?

@sheephrdr, my last roommate/landlord was a bricklayer foreman (the guy who gave out the running orders, dunno what they're called), and he claimed he could get away with any crime he wanted because his job basically wore off his fingerprints.

Did he "disappear" before you could become the next victim? ;)

True that he probably had very little for prints. Not very common for prosecution to rely on fingerprints though. They are far more delicate and difficult to find/use than most realize.

Did he "disappear" before you could become the next victim? ;)

His brother suspected I was involved in some inappropriate behaviour, and so I was "not approved for the move to the new place".

Which resulted in my moving home with my mother for almost 6 years now. I'm rather stupid with money. I could have been on my feet 6 months after that, but having that much sudden disposable income does something to my head, and I spend more than I should.

But I HAVE been gaming out pretty hard as a result.

lol well ive never thought of that but looking at my prints right now, and they are missing (been busy lately) but when it slows down they grow back so he is full of it unless he stays on the tools, besides your finger print would still be unique as I believe they make you roll your finger.

College Dropout that decided it would be more fun to work for a brewery than to finish my degree in business. I currently work and have worked for about a year and a half with a small brewery in South-Eastern Washington. Progressed from;

Bartender to Bar-Manager (than back down) to Brewers assistant. Haven't had so much fun in years!

College Dropout that decided it would be more fun to work for a brewery than to finish my degree in business. I currently work and have worked for about a year and a half with a small brewery in South-Eastern Washington. Progressed from;

Bartender to Bar-Manager (than back down) to Brewers assistant. Haven't had so much fun in years!

Bravo – wish I would have had your brave spirit in my youth. I never learned much worth knowing in college anyway.

Bravo – wish I would have had your brave spirit in my youth. I never learned much worth knowing in college anyway.

Heres what i learned in college: getting all the grades wont help for **** if you dont own your own vehicle.

Here i thought being a licensed HVAC guy would guarantee me a job. That was 5 years ago and still nothing.

Back