What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn quite the crowd of professionals in here. I am a saute line cook in a really busy brewery/restaurant. Love most of the people i work with and never have a dull night. I would like to pursue my real passion for welding and somehow incorporate that with brewing equipment. Stainless junkie as well :) Slowly working towards a new career but for now this pays the bills and i enjoy some of the perks that go with it; especially the beer i enjoy everyday after busting ass in a hot kitchen all night! I chat with the brewers every once in a while and have learned quite a bit from them!

I'm a Sous Chef on the Smithsonian, National Museum of the American Indian. Lots of cool and different food we get to work with and awesome history to back it up!

PA State Corrections Officer. (read "Adult Babysitter")

Currently working in a Restricted Housing Unit, the jail within the jail lol

Just wanted to update, I was a Microbiologist at a Healthcare manufacturer, now I am a Microbiologist at a craft brewery in Chicago.

Any 'positive' results that you would be willing to share with us who drink Chicago craft beer? How often do they dump a batch? Lagunitas?

I'm an ex-Ombudsman (communication and energy industries). Before that I tried to be a full time musician, but that didn't pay so well and the hours sucked. I play guitar for enjoyment now in a ska-punk band. I've had my own company custom-building guitar amplifiers, and that went well until the recession hit. I still have that going in the background as an interest and one-day retirement income. Other than that, I'm looking for a full time day job and a change of direction. That is what got me so interested in brewing - it would be great to work in a microbrewery, being creative in the brewing process.

What I have is a job, not a profession. I have a BA in criminal justice I just got last year which I ultimately want to use to start a profession in law enforcement or with the government. I am also working on a an MA. For now I work as a security guard. A rent-a-cop. But the company works with the military so it's kinda cool.

Physicist/Engineer/Astrophysicist. The first is my job title, the second is what I spend some amount of my time doing, the third is the output of what I do.

I build the receivers and a bunch of other stuff for this thing:
hires-1-630x632.jpg

Back