What's your favorite snack while brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EineProsit

Reaction score
Aside the obvious....HOMEBREW
What's your favorite snack while brewing?

My brother and I enjoy cocktail shrimp, tossing a few tails over our shoulder as sort of a ceremonial ritual after the mash but before the boil.:mug:

Nothing while brewing besides maybe some grains after the mash. Lately I have been having pizza post brew. That's probably a coincidence though.

I always grab a cheese and smoked pepperoni player to munch with some homebrew of course

Casey's General Store Pizza. On Brew Day, and as soon as it's ready after bottling!

Im usually an early morning brewer, so I start on empty and by time of the boil I start getting hungry, so I sneak a bowl of cereal in usually, and of course I squeeze making coffee in there too. Im pretty focused and naturally stimulated and not really thinking of food much though.

jonmohno said:
Im usually an early morning brewer, so I start on empty and by the boil I start getting hungry,so I sneak a bowl of cereal in usually, and of course I squeeze making coffee in there too.

That's funny. I do exactly the same thing!

Casey's General Store Pizza. On Brew Day, and as soon as it's ready after bottling!

Wow, one of their Breakfast pizzas would have really hit the spot yesterday. To beat the storms here in Illinois, I got up and started brewing at 6. One thing I miss about Iowa are those Casey's breakfast pizzas. I always grab at least one slice, usually two, when I am leaving town on my way back here. Great early morning road snack.

Normally I don't eat though. Start out with coffee, then once the boil starts I grab a beer. I'm psychotic about washing my hands as it is, so I'd probably go insane trying to keep my hands clean while brewing and eating at the same time. I usually just grab something after I pitch the yeast.

Beer... it takes beer to make beer, right? :mug:

If my brew day includes the lunch hour, I'll usually run down and grab a Mangialardo's sub during the mash or early boil.

If it's in the morning I've been known to fry up some eggs during a steep/mash.

I might have a brew buddy in the next few weeks so pizza is a definite possibility...

I only nibbled on pretzels once because I started brewing at 12 pm and had not eaten at all that day. I either have pizza or make wings after I brew. I want a brew buddy. :eek:

I have a tendency to get into a brewing trance and not eat for the 5 hours that brewing takes, no matter how hungry I actually am.

Same here, unless my girlfriend is around - then she'll usually cook up some eggs and toast or something (morning brewer also).

I'm brewing in the kitchen so I eat everything that doesn't require the microwave. don't want to over load the breakers.

One of the guys I brew with will usually grab some In n' Out Burgers before coming over. That is always nice.

Wow, one of their Breakfast pizzas would have really hit the spot yesterday. To beat the storms here in Illinois, I got up and started brewing at 6. One thing I miss about Iowa are those Casey's breakfast pizzas. I always grab at least one slice, usually two, when I am leaving town on my way back here. Great early morning road snack.

Normally I don't eat though. Start out with coffee, then once the boil starts I grab a beer. I'm psychotic about washing my hands as it is, so I'd probably go insane trying to keep my hands clean while brewing and eating at the same time. I usually just grab something after I pitch the yeast.

Not to derail the thread too much, but yeah, those breakfast pizzas are always great. Me and my brewing buddy always get 1 large with breakfast bacon and pepperoni. (We generally brew at about 3 AM and have it pitched by 6.) Didn't realize they didn't have that up in Schaumberg. I'm down around Carbondale, IL.

Back