What's your favorite bumper sticker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always loved
"Forget world peace, visualize using your damn turn signal!"

And at Christmas time - The Season is the Reason for the Season.

When I was in high school, a friend wound up with a small stack of stickers that each had a picture of a screw on it. It just so happened that they were the EXACT size to cover up the "heart" in those I *heart* (insert object of passion) bumper stickers. Imagine that.

We went nuts.

Soon, all over town, there were car owners that were unwittingly proclaiming some pretty sordid sexual practices, some of which I doubt even Revvy has even considered. :D

It's an oldie but I've always loved it:

"If 10% is good enough for God it should be good enough for the government"

All women deserve the perfect man.
But there was only one and he hung out with 12 guys.

All women deserve the perfect man.
But there was only one and he hung out with 12 guys.

Actually, there were 13 apostles. Let us not forget about Rufus.

rufus4.jpg

DARE to Think!
It ain't illegal yet.

This is a play on the popular D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) stickers and slogans that substitute catchy but trite slogans against drug and tobacco use for substantive education and sound reasoning. The D.A.R.E programs have been found in repeated studies to be ineffective, and even the Surgeon General declared in 2001 that the program does not work, and is sometimes counterproductive.

D.A.R.E is a symbol of police-state zero-tolerance Big-Brother attitudes that pit children against their families, encouraging them to confide to police suspicions about drug use by others, including their own family members, all in the guise of helping someone. (The three 'R's, Recognize, Resist, Report, encourages kids to tell friends, teachers, or police if they find drugs at home.) Ratting family members out to cops about drug use is seldom the most helpful action one could take. Programs like this brainwash kids into being good little mindless obedient organs of the state, rather than teaching them to think for themselves. If you believe you are the owner of your own mind and body, then you'll find programs like D.A.R.E. utterly repulsive.

billtzk, we've always been at war with Eurasia. :D Here's some of my favorites.

Republicans for Voldemort (OK it was funnier in 2004, sue me)

Jesus loves me, but I just want to be friends.

Ask me about my vow of silence!

Visualize.... stopping distance.

-also-

Visualize Whirled Peas

Many people don't understand that last one, unfortunately.

"I downshift for tailgaters"

(ya know...they can see brakes)

i have this one, need to put in on my car...

"Athiests for Satan: because god is banal"

"FSM: Touched by his noodley appendage!"

"I'd rather be brewing..."

that's a good one. the "i brew my own beer" is pretty lame, IMO.

I knew a guy that had a beater of a car and on the back bumper it said......Don't laugh your daughter might be in here. I always got a kick out that one.

My friend and I saw this bumper sticker and almost bought it to put on our other roommate's car.

"I'm not gay but my boyfriend is"

He would have been pissed

I am not much for bumper stickers, in fact, I usually go out of my way to debadge my car, remove the stickers from the dealer, etc. I even like plain unbranded clothes.

I have never seen this on a bumper sticker, but would buy many if someone made them...

Not enough people get eaten by lions.

e.g. humans have very few natural predators, therefore the weak survive despite darwins best intentions.

For a close second... I have one on the door of my server rack that says:

If selling babies for profit is wrong, I dont want to be right.

Good ones here. OK, here is a few of my favourites.

Beer, helping ugly people have sex since pre-history.
A fool and his money are soon partying.
God, please save me from your followers.

Saw this one on a highway in CT...almost drove off the road...

Monica Lewinski's ex-boyfriend's estranged wife...for President!!!

The one I have on one of my grain containers:

"I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway".

Seriously, one of your favorite bumper stickers is "McCain 2008"? Really? Oooh, and a stale joke about Ted Kennedy's drinking. Wow, what the hell is this, 1996?...what's next, a joke about Monica Lewinski's dress or perhaps even a "where's the beef" sticker? The man's gonna die of brain cancer in a couple months...classy! I don't agree with his politics, but come the hell on!

And the one about reloading is great too. Nothing funnier than a joke about murdering someone because they honked their horn at your. ahhh, ha ha. I get it. :rolleyes:

Funny that you have "vote freedom first" and "McCain 2008" on there. It's a bit like having both "I ♥ Nazi's" and "Support the Anti-Defamation League" on your bumper. :cross: (yay, Godwin's law in, what 6 posts! I rulz!)

i think somebody is overthinking this a bit :D.
but if i ever put a sticker on my car it would be

"I brew the beer i drink."

I don't have any bumper stickers, but ones I've seen include:

D.A.R.E. to keep cops off donuts

My juvenile delinquent is sleeping with your honor student

Gun Control is hitting where you're aiming

Save Lap Dancing

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Silly Fa*got, dicks are for chicks

"I found Jesus: He was behind the Sofa the whole time"

...or, pretty much any other anti-Religion sticker. I also like "Against Abortion? Don't have one."

Which reminds me of another one: I support gay marriage if both chicks are hot. I know I know, I'm a classy guy.

Back