whats on your pizza?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulielow

Reaction score
Alright I'm having morrocan lamb with baby spinach, caramelised onion, hummus and minted yoghurt.... Ow yer

That sounds delicious...

Easier to say what I DON'T like on pizza; anchovies or bbq sauce... both have their place in cooking, pizza ain't it!

2 nights ago I had pesto, pepperoni, green peppers, and mushrooms. Not bad paired with my black IPA and a ginger beer.

I mostly eat my pizza plain with just some garlic powder, oregano or basil and red pepper. That's generally how pizza is eaten in NY. My wife makes a great spinach pizza with no sauce that I've been getting into lately though.

Sliced meatballs on a white pie ( carmelized onions, ricotta, garlic and parmasean as the sauce) is one of my favorites.

funny seeing this thread, we just made pizzas last night.

SWMBO had pepperoni and cheese all measured out so she knew how many calories was in each slice, and I made myself an alfredo chicken pizza; was delicious.

That sounds delicious...
;)
Easier to say what I DON'T like on pizza; anchovies or bbq sauce... both have their place in cooking, pizza ain't it!

I have to agree with you about the bbq sauce but come on, you have to have anchovies on a supreme pizza. and olives too mmmmmmm:rockin:

I recently had a "Cherry Jones" at Paulie Gee's in Brooklyn.
Fior de latte, gorgonzola, prosciutto, dried bing cherries and orange blossom honey.
Sounds crazy, I know, and it is. Crazy GOOD that is!

Alright one of my favourites from the old days is called posh chicken from zacherys(I know sounds wanky) anywho its a tomato base with roasted garlic and chicken topped with fresh avocado, camembert and cranberry sauce.... Mmmmmmmmm

Tuna, anchovies, fresh onion, Black olives and fresh tomato slices, the best pizza ever.

I love anchovies on pizza.

NY pizza > *.

It's really that simple. No need for any toppings-- just the right balance of flavorful dough, simple but good sauce (not cooked!), the right amount of mozzarella/provolone blend (Grande brand), with just a pinch of herbs. A little oregano and crushed red pepper, and you have heaven.

Anyone in the NY/NJ area make onion pizza? My great aunt made the best white, onion pizza in her day and took the recipe with her to the grave. That was my favorite.

I am not picky. I eat just about anything normal on a pizza, and I do love a lot of your guys ideas. Favorite pizza(brand) however is Godfather's

For a specialty pizza I really like Mac and Cheese, for a normal pizza I usually go with pepperoni and green olives

I like a simple Pepperoni, maybe extra-cheese....If I'm feeling crazy, sausage and mushroom. Always hand-tossed.

Two pizzas tonight...the wife hates tomatoes...soooo

Mine, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, thinly sliced roma tomatoes, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

SHMBO, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

similar but different :D ....both great:rockin:

peperoni,italian sausage,bacon,canadian bacon,kalamata olive,bell peper,red onion banana peper,jalapeno,tomato slice,all the cheese you can find,basil,oregano.All in a deep dish with bleu cheese dressing(optional)

midnight pizza run anyone

Two pizzas tonight...the wife hates tomatoes...soooo

Mine, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, thinly sliced roma tomatoes, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

SHMBO, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

similar but different :D ....both great:rockin:

Are you willing to share your smoked garlic sausage recipe?

Back