Quantcast

whats on your pizza?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Paulielow

Reaction score
Alright I'm having morrocan lamb with baby spinach, caramelised onion, hummus and minted yoghurt.... Ow yer

wailingguitar

Reaction score
That sounds delicious...

Easier to say what I DON'T like on pizza; anchovies or bbq sauce... both have their place in cooking, pizza ain't it!

djfriesen

Reaction score
2 nights ago I had pesto, pepperoni, green peppers, and mushrooms. Not bad paired with my black IPA and a ginger beer.

Airborneguy

Adjunct of the Law
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I mostly eat my pizza plain with just some garlic powder, oregano or basil and red pepper. That's generally how pizza is eaten in NY. My wife makes a great spinach pizza with no sauce that I've been getting into lately though.

chefmike

Reaction score
Sliced meatballs on a white pie ( carmelized onions, ricotta, garlic and parmasean as the sauce) is one of my favorites.

funkapottomous

Reaction score
funny seeing this thread, we just made pizzas last night.

SWMBO had pepperoni and cheese all measured out so she knew how many calories was in each slice, and I made myself an alfredo chicken pizza; was delicious.

OP
Paulielow

Paulielow

Reaction score
That sounds delicious...
;)
Easier to say what I DON'T like on pizza; anchovies or bbq sauce... both have their place in cooking, pizza ain't it!
I have to agree with you about the bbq sauce but come on, you have to have anchovies on a supreme pizza. and olives too mmmmmmm:rockin:

Evets

Reaction score
I recently had a "Cherry Jones" at Paulie Gee's in Brooklyn.
Fior de latte, gorgonzola, prosciutto, dried bing cherries and orange blossom honey.
Sounds crazy, I know, and it is. Crazy GOOD that is!

OP
Paulielow

Paulielow

Reaction score
Alright one of my favourites from the old days is called posh chicken from zacherys(I know sounds wanky) anywho its a tomato base with roasted garlic and chicken topped with fresh avocado, camembert and cranberry sauce.... Mmmmmmmmm

EoinMag

Reaction score
Tuna, anchovies, fresh onion, Black olives and fresh tomato slices, the best pizza ever.

I love anchovies on pizza.

jpc

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
NY pizza > *.

It's really that simple. No need for any toppings-- just the right balance of flavorful dough, simple but good sauce (not cooked!), the right amount of mozzarella/provolone blend (Grande brand), with just a pinch of herbs. A little oregano and crushed red pepper, and you have heaven.

SenorPepe

Reaction score
Anyone in the NY/NJ area make onion pizza? My great aunt made the best white, onion pizza in her day and took the recipe with her to the grave. That was my favorite.

TheG3RG

Reaction score
I am not picky. I eat just about anything normal on a pizza, and I do love a lot of your guys ideas. Favorite pizza(brand) however is Godfather's

spazzy

Reaction score
For a specialty pizza I really like Mac and Cheese, for a normal pizza I usually go with pepperoni and green olives

Lunchtime

Reaction score
I like a simple Pepperoni, maybe extra-cheese....If I'm feeling crazy, sausage and mushroom. Always hand-tossed.

wolfstar

Reaction score
Two pizzas tonight...the wife hates tomatoes...soooo

Mine, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, thinly sliced roma tomatoes, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

SHMBO, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

similar but different :D ....both great:rockin:

nealizm

Reaction score
peperoni,italian sausage,bacon,canadian bacon,kalamata olive,bell peper,red onion banana peper,jalapeno,tomato slice,all the cheese you can find,basil,oregano.All in a deep dish with bleu cheese dressing(optional)

midnight pizza run anyone

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
Anything but anchovies. I especially like peppers and onions and the occasional chicken parm. Yumm..

Hugh_Jass

Reaction score
Two pizzas tonight...the wife hates tomatoes...soooo

Mine, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, thinly sliced roma tomatoes, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

SHMBO, Homemade smoked garlic sausage, fesh mozz, green bell peppers, green onions, italian herbs and spices with cream cheese

similar but different :D ....both great:rockin:
Are you willing to share your smoked garlic sausage recipe?