What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ferm 1- Saison, ferm 2- Cream of Three Crops, Ferm 3-Yellow Fizzy Beer SMaSH style, secondary-Moonshine Malt Liquor

5 gal apfelwien
6.5 gal blackberry wine
5.5 gal spotted cow clone
5.5 gal summer blond ale
5.5 gal wheat apple ale

And on the to do list as fermentators come available lol
A euro bock lager, blood orange hefeweizen, skeeter pee, cherry limeade ale. Apfelwein is on rotation.
And my wife advised 2 more wines TBA.

Fermenting:
Apfelwein
Porter
Collarbone IPA

Brewing this weekend:
Blonde
Super orange wheat

In bottles:
Kilt Lifter clone
Cream of 3 Crops
Dubbel
Milk stout

5 gal apfelwien
6.5 gal blackberry wine
5.5 gal spotted cow clone
5.5 gal summer blond ale
5.5 gal wheat apple ale

And on the to do list as fermentators come available lol
A euro bock lager, blood orange hefeweizen, skeeter pee, cherry limeade ale. Apfelwein is on rotation.
And my wife advised 2 more wines TBA.

Do you have a recipe for that spotted cow clone?

Mash hop IPA experiment day today.

Biab.
148f mash
3kg Maris Otter
40g Acid malt
6g Gypsum
1.5g CaCl
0.5g Salt
20L of mash water
Brewer's friend estimated mash water profile:
Ca+2: 100 ¦ Mg+2: 1.4 ¦ Na+: 14.6 ¦ Cl-: 58.3 ¦ SO-2: 179.1
Estimated mash ph: 5.38 (I can't find anything on what effect hops have on mash ph, so my mash ph may well be off)
67g Centennial pellets
48g Columbus pellets
Very thin mash 6.8L/KG or 3.2qt/lb
Beersmith calculated mash IBU (Tinseth) of 56.6

60 minute boil with 0 hop additions. 160g sugar (5%) and 1/2 whirflock tab added at 15 minutes left in the boil.

14 litres of 1.056 OG (1.057 estimated) into the fermenter. Estimated FG: 1.007

1 vial of WLP001 & 1 Vial of WLP090 (had ordered 2xWLP001 but my vendor's website inventory was wrong, so ended up with 001 & 090)

This shaved 2.5 hours off my brew day 'cause I'm usually messing about with sparging, convoluted steeping temps and times after flameout, and filtering hop debris out as the wort goes into the fermenter.

Initial taste test of wort before fermentation indicates both bitterness and flavour survived the boil with negligible loss to both. I can't wait to see how this ferments out.

5 gal. of Belgian Session Ale in cold-crash. Bottling in 3 days. I'm going to bottle a dozen or so in 187ml clear bottles --- "Baby Bels". Once in awhile, it's nice to have a "short" beer.

My last kit beer, brewers best English brown. I'm moving on to Biab

5.25 gallons amberish red (or reddish amber) malt-fest with only enough hop bitterness to offset any (hopeful) caramel sweetness.

Just emptied my cream ale Friday and am brewing my blonde to replace it. I also just bought a 6 gal plastic carboy so I now have three fermenters! Woohoo!!!

5 gal apple cider
5 gal imperial amber ipa
5 gal cascadian dark ale / black ipa
5 gal american wheat ale

IPA to bottle any day now, and a Peach Moscato that is almost ready to cold crash.
On deck is an oatmeal stout and a raspberry Moscato.

5 gal of ipa bittered with Columbus and hop bursted with Amarillo and Citra that is fermenting with wlp644. The airlock started bubbling almost immediately after pitching (starter at high krausen). The thing is fermenting like crazy now and the airlock smells amazing.

Raging red IRA, Deception cream stout (upped lactose to a full lb) and Common Room ESB. Eventually ill do my own recipes, there's just so many great ones on here. And yes I pretty much am just going down the must brew list sticky in the recipe section

I have not played in a while.

Currently have:

IPA
ESB
Biere de Garde
3 different Saisons with brett
Sour red

10 gallons of Kolsch lagering in secondary for going on 4 weeks. Think I'll bottle on March 1st. Then I'll make a beer that I can turn around a bit more quickly, I'm sick of waiting.

Back