What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold crashing Pink Elephant (Delirium Tremens clone).

IMG_0396.JPG

I have an American honey wheat in my only functional fermenter. My carboy has been retired after a crack was discovered while cleaning.

Now I'm in a pickle, as I'm brewing a blonde ale and have NO primary available! Looks like an emergency trip to the LHBS in the very near future! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I picked up the ingredients for a Hold the Cone Session IPA from Rebel today. An unexpected purchase, but what the heck? :ban::mug:

Then I went to my buddy's house and helped him with his second batch in his new all-electric brewery. We produced a decent IPA, not sure of the name, but there were plenty of Centennial, Simcoe and Columbus hops! We have some kinks to work out, but this is going to be a great system once it's dialed in.

10 gallons each of: Belgian White, Cream of Three Grains, Nut Brown Ale and Little Sumpin' Sumpin' clone. Son's wedding now 4 weeks away. Running out of runway. Never fermented this much at once.

My first 10 gallon batch!
2 x 5 gallon carboys with Mosaic/Golden Promise IPA.
Used WLP001 in each but plan to dry-hop differently one mosaic one citra.

5 g Irish Red
5 g Gingerbread Ale
5 g Hard Cider

jjefrey - would love to hear the gingerbread ale recipe - was just talking about this today with my soon-to-be 21 year old daughter....something for Christmas

The Doctor

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"What waters? We are in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

30 gallons of an oatmeal stout pitched with Wyeast Roeselare that I plan to let go for as long as my tastebuds say. Decided to do a double batch at the last minute, so I only had three packets of yeast available. Pitched it at 2:00 yesterday afternoon and work up to an extremely active fermentation. With some careful planning, the double batch only took me 2 hours longer than a regular brew day. I'm pretty pleased by that

Cheers,
--
Don

Just got the watermelon hefeweizen in the fermenter a few minutes ago. The stated OG range of 1.046-1.050 went up to 1.054 @ 64.4F with the three cups of double strained sweet watermelon nectar. When they say watermelons are mostly water, believe it! I bought three sugar baby watermelons, @ $3.99 each, thinking I'd need that many to get three cups minus solids. WRONG! 1 of them yielded, after straining twice 5 3/4C of juice! I put the chunks of watermelon meat in the blender on "smoothie" setting. Worked great when run through the dual layer fine mesh strainer twice. I wound up with maybe 1/3C of mushy solids! When the wort chilled down to some 82F, I could really smell the watermelon. The hydrometer sample was more like hefe with a little watermelon. We'll see how well 3C works vs 2.5 from the other member's batch.

2 x 5 gallon carboys with GP/mosaic IPA. Going to dry hop one with mosaic the other citra. Both got WLP001 yeast starter.

Summer peach wheat... standard wheat ale (4 lbs pale 2-row, 4 lbs German wheat, 1 lb honey malt) with 9 lbs of fresh peaches (skin peeled and pits removed) pureed and added to secondary. Gave it 1 week primary and will be giving it at least 2 weeks secondary (at least 1 more week to go).

10 gallons of Honey Mead, 5g red ale with wyeast greenbelt, & 5g blonde with 6oz hops (4 cascade, 2 centennial). setting my sights on a saison b/c the fermenter is full...

5 gallons of caramelized onion stout. OG 1.071.

Smelled good. Could be really nice. Or turn out rancid nasty. Guess we'll find out.

I used to make a dandelion Apple Jack that was close to Asti-spumanti. And grandma made a bitchin' cherry wine from Montmorency cherries. Beautiful ruby red goodness.:mug:

they're sweet-tart cherries with a stripped blush like Royal Gala apples...kinda. They make a great flavored ruby red wine that's a bit strong as Grandma made it some 50 yea:mug:rs ago. I'd like a bottle of that cherry wine of yours!

14 batches going, 4 are one gallon experimental, ran out of airlocks.

Don't let the shirt scare you,:eek: never noticed it when I posted.

Holy **** lol! I had 8 batched going last June most ever for me. I like the shirt I listen to Pantera. Megadeath, Metallica etc.

I am planning on brewing a pumpkin beer using a amber extract base with chinook hops. I plan o put in 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice at 0 minutes. Thoughts?

I am planning on brewing a pumpkin beer using a amber extract base with chinook hops. I plan o put in 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice at 0 minutes. Thoughts?

Save the spice for secondary. Add less then half the amount that you think you need and taste. You can always add more, you can never UNadd it.

Go easy on the hops. A pumpkin beer isn't a hoppy beer.

This isn't really a recipe thread though I hope I've helped. Probably start a thread of your own and solicit others' advice....:mug:

Save the spice for secondary. Add less then half the amount that you think you need and taste. You can always add more, you can never UNadd it.

Go easy on the hops. A pumpkin beer isn't a hoppy beer. :

Definitely true on all points. Chinook might not be the best choice of hop either. Try williamette, northern brewer or Mt Hood something along those lines

5 gallons of Blonde Mango. Going to split in 1/2 for secondary and add habanero to one 1/2

Makes me thing of the mango/ habanero Lay's chips we had with chili dogs the other night. Very good fruity flavor with some heat. And the cappuccino ones reak of smooth coffee. Yum! :mug:

Two English IPA's. One with english malts, the other with american 2 row with the addition of crystal, Victory, domestic Munich, carapils, tiny amount of BP malt and aromatic. Trying to simulate MO with less expensive domestic malts. Other than the grain bill, everything else is identical.

The first's for the thirst, the second's for the soul.

Latest posts

Back