What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm feeling rich: I have two batches going, for the first time since I started brewing last year. One is Shipwrecked Saison. Love that recipe....

The other is a lawnmower saison for summer thirst quenching. It's about half the grain bill of the Shipwrecked, with no candi sugar. I'm hoping I didn't over-bitter it; I added 1 oz of Willamette at 60 minutes and 1 oz at 10 minutes. Ah well, I'm planning to dry hop it with Saaz anyway, so maybe any extra bitterness will blend in.

It shouldn't be too bitter, I just bittered a saison with cascade and it worked out fine

Just transferred 5gal IPA
+ 10gal IIPA

IPA: 100% MO,
Simcoe FWH, Motueka 10min, Wakatu FO, Galaxy DH

IIPA: 2-row, MO, Pils, C40
+ 249 (calculated) IBUs from Chinook, Centennial, NB, Simcoe, Cascade, & Citra

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was busy a few weeks ago, 10 gallons of Carmel amber ale, 10 gallons of a SNPA clone, 5 gallons of a 10 gallon batch of a kitchen sink IPA I split with my cousin and 5 gallons of an imperial stout brewed 6 weeks ago.

Just put 5.5 gals of an English nut brown ale in the primary. It smelled delicious! Used Notty and can see a need for a blowoff tube in my future... Lol

I've got 5 gallons of frozen 5 alive concentrate mixed with fresh fruit thats got ec1118 and 5 gallons of banana and blood orange thats got a 5 gram pack of mr beer yeast and a 7 gram packet of coopers yeast that I had kicking around. Sorry, my cell phone is a terrible camera :mug:

file.php

I've got 5 gallons of frozen 5 alive concentrate mixed with fresh fruit thats got ec1118 and 5 gallons of banana and blood orange thats got a 5 gram pack of mr beer yeast and a 7 gram packet of coopers yeast that I had kicking around. Sorry, my cell phone is a terrible camera :mug:

file.php

They still make 5 alive? Seriously!? I haven't seen it since ~1996

I started a white this weekend, it's not a chardonnay but similar I just can't remember the variety name. I also moved my Malbec over to secondary with oak and thieved some of the Cab Franc for Easter dinner; it's not quite ready to bottle yet. My kitchen is getting full :)

Sunday's brew was an AIPA with a total of 300g Centennial/Chinook/Columbus hopped at 10/5/1. Missed my pre-boil gravity by ten points (miscalculated my grains), so had to recalculate hop additions, but luckily my hop schedule allowed it. Came out 1.067 with a supposed 81 IBU, but the sample tastes way too bitter, albeit with a distinct separation of the sweet from the bitter. Here's hoping fermentation will meld the two together a bit better.

6 gallons BDSA

5 gallons Saison Weisse

5.5 gallons Wild Ale

Have a farmhouse on deck and a hibiscus saison as well. I need more carboys!!

Fuller's ESB clone but the White Labs yeast definitely smelt a bit off when pitching and bubbling ain't too lively after 72 hours. Not given up yet but not full of confidence.

5 gallons strawberry lemonade
5 gallons raspberry wheat
2 gallons blueberry cider

About to add these this weekend

5 gallons of amber
5 gallons of honey orange wheat

5.5 Gallons of a Pliny Clone
2 Gallons of a brown ale with 45% white wheat. That ones been in secondary for quite awhile. I might pitch some bugs on it :)

5.5 Gallons of Oktoberfest in the lager phase.
5.5 Gallons of German Pilsner in the lager phase.
5.5 Gallons of Cream of Three Crops (1st Full All Grain!) clearing up nicely.

Back