Whats in my bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puroman

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of IPA. It was racked to secondary and left there for about four weeks before I added Oak Cubes that I had soaked in bourbon. The oak cubes were in a mesh bag that I had boiled for sanitation. After a couple weeks, I added 2 oz of hops to dry hop for seven days before bottling. The hops were free floating.

I bottled. The beer has been in the bottle now for two weeks and I have noticed that it is a lot more cloudy then usual. There is a lot more residue on the bottom and stringy residue throughout the bottle.

What are your thoughts on this? Any ideas on why this is happening? I did a search and could only find a recent post from someone experiencing the same thing. But there were no responses.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Why don't you open a bottle and pour it, see what it looks like out of the amber glass and taste it... that will give a lot more info than looking through the dark glass...

You may be seeing suspended yeast. Chill one bottle for three days, the beer may clear up as sediment and yeast drop to the bottom of the bottle.

Back