whats going on here experts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackstrat5

Reaction score
I tried posting about this earlier. Anyway, here are some pictures. I left my hops for two weeks and came back to these not so great looking cascades. The other varieties area fine. This is just limited to the cascades. I thought spider mites maybe. Some of the cones that were still develooing look like they were turning brown inside out. And the growth of the cone was stunted. Others were just brown. Thoughts?

ForumRunner_20110619_100716.jpg

ForumRunner_20110619_100744.jpg

ForumRunner_20110619_100815.jpg

Looks like a fungus or mildew. I can't really tell from the picture. When Bob gets home (he's our family expert), I can ask him to take a look at the picture.

So I was checking the hops again...well it seems I had some worms that were boring into the stems...they almost broke the vine in half where true went in, and left this brown stuff where they made their hole.

From the point on the vine where they bored in, the rest of the vine started to die off. Anyone else have problems with these worms?

Back