What will you be drinking on 911?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billf2112

Reaction score
Looking, what I have on hand. I will be drinking an Irish Red Ale. NYPD and NYFD were in the early years were greatly populated by Irish Immigrants. This will be my way of toasting those fallen heroes.

day before brewing a Turkin Stout(Whiskey Barrel Stout with Wild Turkey sanitized oak chips), day of drinking one of the those from a batch 6 months ago and/or a Feather Light (Cream Ale) that's all I have left... Supplies are running low!

I'll actually be working at the firehouse, so it'll be Folgers for me while I honor my 343 fallen brothers.

Yes, here too.

I limp everyday from injuries I received while in the Army. After 911 we (the USA) went to war. I was not longer able to serve, but so many of my comrades were and still are. Too many of them came home in flag draped coffins.

I am far from alone on these boards on this topic. So if you do not like the topic, skip past it.

For those who are going to toast our fallen heroes, let's share what we will toast with.

billf2112 said:
Yes, here too.

I limp everyday from injuries I received while in the Army. After 911 we (the USA) went to war. I was not longer able to serve, but so many of my comrades were and still are. Too many of them came home in flag draped coffins.

I am far from alone on these boards on this topic. So if you do not like the topic, skip past it.

For those who are going to toast our fallen heroes, let's share what we will toast with.

Thank you and your comrades for your service. And +1 to the whole skipping the topic if you're not interested. Do they really feel that compelled to click the thread and add their worthless $0.02?!

billf2112 said:
Yes, here too.

Agreed! Thank you for your service! God bless America and the Hero's that make it great!

I have a smoked porter that I'm going to try and kill the keg for today to make room for my Indian Brown Ale. As for tomorrow I still have a keg full of a tasty Belgian Pale Ale.

God Bless America.

Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, La Roja and Oro de Calabaza. Brewing, so I need the sour bottle dregs. Seems like a decent excuse.

Yes, here too.

I lost 3 friends on 911 I think about those guys every day and it will be like that forever. its been 9 year now and ever year they do three week of shows and shows and shows. They just open up the wond again and again. I think it time to start slow down on everything. My bother was there and lost alot of his bothers in NYPD and every time we are watching tv and they show the plane running in to the tower or them coming down he changes the channel you can see it hurts him. How many other people like that are out there like that and when they play nothing but this stuff of tv , Trust me no one will ever forget 911 they dont need to keep showing us what happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back