What websites make the best labels for homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
I have no printer so I need to find an online source to upload my art for labels and have them print them for me. I just ordered caps from Bottlemark.com but now I need to do the labels. I don't want to order junk labels because I heard they can bleed colors... But I also don't wanna spend tons of cash.. Who does good labels at a good price guys? Any feedback would be awesome!

Kinkos. Color laser printer won't bleed. Cut out yourself & stick on using milk. Works like a champ, easy to remove.

EDIT: I've never printed at Kinkos, so I don't know what they charge per sheet. Just know they do color laser printing.

I'd design at home and take them to a copy store like TyTanium said. Cut them out and adhere with milk.

If there are "high quality" label printing companies out there, I don't know of them.

Really?!?! you guys are using milk? When I first heard that it sounded kind of ghetto, but if that's the way to do it... I'll do it.
But why milk? Any white residue left on the label after its dry? Do I want the thickest milk possible like whole milk? Do you soak the whole label and then apply? Or just based it on the back with a brush? Can someone please tell me their method for applying with the milk...

The one time that I did labels, I put milk in a spray bottle and just misted the back of the label. Works fine, but it's too much work for me to do regularly. The advantage of milk is that it's really easy to get the labels off when you've drank the beer.

I just used a foam stain brush and put a little on the back of the label - it really doesn't take much. And no white residue or anything. Any type of milk works. Super easy. The best part is when it comes time to refill - comes right off in warm water.

Nice! Ok... That's what I'm gonna do :)

Just made an AWESOME label... I'll upload it to the label page tomorrow

Back