What was I thinking? !?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb40bball

Reaction score
I just recently started kegging. I found I had a keg in my keezer with a leaky post. While putting on a different post tonight, which fixed it, I made an embarrassing mistake. I released the pressure and changed the lid seal and left the out post loose. Well, of course I turned the gas on to seal the lid.....with the post just sitting there. I shot the tube out of the keg and a spout of beer to the ceiling. I shut the gas off and cleaned everything off. Luckily the repairs worked and my Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter tastes great. Just a really DUMB mistake!

Haven't quite read your post yet, but I've learned over the years any post with a title like that suggests you weren't thinking at the time. :D

Edit: Just read your post and ouch (will admit that I grinned a bit at the picture it paints in my mind; mostly because I'm glad it wasn't me doing something like that), but at least the beer is great.

Latest posts

Back