What was I thinking...Competition related

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germelli1

Reaction score
So there is a big craft beer festival coming up very soon in my college town (Blacksburg, VA if anyone is nearby and wants to attend). I was thinking about submitting a few brews, but my last few were recipes just for me. By this I mean I designed them to my freind and I's tastes, and not along competition category guidelines. I was thinking about submitting my pale ale, but I mashed it low to make it more refreshing for the summer. So I was on the verge of saying "what the hell" and submitting it, but in the end I didn't.

Now Tuesday night, I was talking to my amazing professor after our 3,000 person class let out. It is World Regions and he said we get extra credit for attending cultural events, so I ran the craft beer festival by him. He knows I am a brewer from previous classes and nights at a bars downtown together.

So he asked if I submitted any beers. I told him I thought about it but didn't end up submitting anything. He said "Aw man, that sucks. I am one of the judges!"

D'OH!

But then he told me I get 30 extra credit points if I find him at the festival so I guess it is ok :ban:

And at least now I have someone to give me judge-worthy feedback on my beers!

So what did you learn? ;)

Should have submitted some beers. Still, it's not like the tell the judges who's entry they have.

So what did you learn? ;)

Should have submitted some beers. Still, it's not like the tell the judges who's entry they have.

I know, plus I would rather get honest feedback blindly on it than if he knew it was mine. The festival is coming up shortly and I am pumped. This teacher also teaches our famous Geography of Beverage and Geography of Wine classes!

Back