what to brew next

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydog4884

Reaction score
My dad is coming into town on the 23rd. He is a very loyal bud light drinker but i am trying to get him into drinking better craft beer. I want to have a good beer made and on tap when he comes. I know i am running low on time but.... I asked him what he would buy if he bought a better beer and he said leinenkugal. Any suggestions? I have only 4 batches so far and I am still doing extract brewing (I steep which is considered extract correct). I will be picking up the ingredients and brewing on tuesday. When he gets here i realize it will probably be a little under carbed but im doing my best. Thanks for any recommendations. I have done a chocolate stout, hefeweizen, a basic light beer and English pale ale. Thanks for your help!

Skyler

You are cutting it pretty short. If you are looking to convert him to the dark side of non-BMC, take your time and don't rush it, first impressions are everything

Maybe consider trying a light blonde or cream ale. A lager-ish ale. Being light bodied, low hops and drinkable might appeal to him. But I share the concern about whether you've got time. Undercarbonated beer is not good for those who only drink BMC. Hope the visit goes well!

What I would do is brew a batch of really quality beer and take your time with it. Bottle it right before he gets there and have him take home a few. Tell him to open them when they are ready in a week or so. This way he will be able to try it when it's good and ready rather than trying to rush it and it end up tasting really young. I agree with Parker36 that first impressions are key.

Back