What To Brew???? HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewnanBrewer

Reaction score
Hitting my LHBS tomorrow to pick up a couple of batches worth of ingredients. The big question is WHAT SHOULD I BREW????

if he gona brew tomorrow triple may be ready for valentines day or better 2012 new year.
If i were you i would brew malty IPA cuz i have like 20 bottles left im my basement and i love this stuff :)

if he gona brew tomorrow triple may be ready for valentines day or better 2012 new year.
If i were you i would brew malty IPA cuz i have like 20 bottles left im my basement and i love this stuff :)

That's not true if you keg. You can ferment in 2 1/2 weeks, keg it, gas it up in 3 days and bottle it. I've turned around a very nice Tripel in a month no problem. Bottle condition... well that's a whole different story.

scoundrel said:
That's not true if you keg. You can ferment in 2 1/2 weeks, keg it, gas it up in 3 days and bottle it. I've turned around a very nice Tripel in a month no problem. Bottle condition... well that's a whole different story.

I've done a bunch of triples and they are definitely drinkable on the same time table as an average apa or whatever if you're doing them correctly (sounds like you are) but set a keg aside for 6-9 months and revel in the tasty glory of maturation my friend :) you'll never drink them young again!

I've done a bunch of triples and they are definitely drinkable on the same time table as an average apa or whatever if you're doing them correctly (sounds like you are) but set a keg aside for 6-9 months and revel in the tasty glory of maturation my friend :) you'll never drink them young again!

My god friend I couldn't agree more. However many of my friends who normally drink Miller Lite will step it up to Heineken for new years. My worst Tripel is the biggest hit at those parties.

I have a Tripel going now and like past years, I will bring my 3 gallon keg to the neighborhood party and save 2 gallons for months later to drink with fine people like you DannPM :)

Hitting my LHBS tomorrow to pick up a couple of batches worth of ingredients. The big question is WHAT SHOULD I BREW????

When in doubt, brew a stout.
Scotch ale makes one hale.
Doppelbock grows a big (insert rhyme here)
Barleywine is a really fine time.
Regards, GF.
:mug:

I have a recipe for a great APA. Search for this thread, "Try this APA." Great hops flavor with a nice malty backbone. It's been a hit with everyone who has tried it.:mug:

Thanks all. Scotch ale it stout was last week. Tripel next week ready for April and birth of #2 baby. Dad will be the celebrity for sure.

Back