What style do you brew most?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuBru

Reaction score
I am always brewing dry stouts...I have to make sure there is a stout in the pipeline or things just dont feel right..How about you? What's the style you find yourself brewing the most?

American Pale ales, Just can't stop comming back to simple, clean tasting 2 row pale malt barley and cascade hops.
I did my first decoction mash german lager yesterday, if the finished beer is as good as the unfermented wort was implying, I might just have to change my go to brew. Has that German malt smell right from the start of the boil.

I'd say some variant of English Bitter. I have recipes for an Ordinary Bitter and an ESB I'm quite fond of and brew pretty regularly. I'm actually planning on rebrewing both next month.

NW style double IPA's
My first citrus bomb was such a success i've refined the recipe to a little less expensive batch that i brew regular.

Saison. Experiment with different yeasts, combinations of yeasts, wild yeast bacteria and combinations of any of the preceding. My favorite is a rye saison on 566 then on Brett c for a few months.

American Wheat. My wife's favorite and fortunately for her the style that I seem to have a lot of success brewing. I really like West Coast style APA's & IPA's and have made some fairly good ones, but I've yet to make one that I would consider "great".

My pipeline is pretty much evolving into the same styles for the year... Blue moon clone, quad, wee heavy, pumpkin, pale ale. Not in any particular order, with some experiments thrown in between.

Same as Qhrumphf, English Bitters. I tried a small batch for the heck of it and it has ended up being my favorite beer!

Always seem to need to brew another Lager for the tapper
I guess I do more German lagers than anything
and American lites come next, yea most my friends have no taste

This is only my second year brewing, so I can't say I've established a strong pattern. I do intend to always have a pale ale and, in three seasons, a blonde ale, but there are so many styles I'm anxious to brew. As much as I love stouts, I have yet to brew my first one!

The one beer I've brewed three times now is a Rye PA. It was a blowout success the first time. A solid citizen the second time and I'm hoping what's dry hopping now will recapture the magic of the first.

Stouts mostly. I try to mix it up because as much as I love stouts, I cannot drink them every single time. Second to that would have to be something in the realm of an IPA.

APA/IPA/CDA... 4 taps and 2 almost always have a hoppy beer...1 is nitro that usually has a stout and the other is a wildcard.

I too am fairly new to the craze and have brewed a different style in each of the 6 batches I've done: Nut Brown, Am. Wheat, Cali Common, Oaked Imp. Stout, APA. If I had just one of these to have on hand for all-around drinkability for myself and friends, it would be the Am. Wheat.

I mostly brewed pale ales as that's been the most sessionable. Then I branched out to dampfbier, Burtons, IPA's, etc. I brewed an ESB kit & found I really like that one so I'll be brewing it again soon. I've refined the dampfbier & it'll be ready to fridge before turkey day. Getting about time for my seasonal Christmas ales of whiskely stout & vanilla porter.

I love American ales, and I'm a seasonal beer drinker, so I usually have at least a seasonal offering on one of my 2 taps. On the other tap I usually have either a pale ale, IPA, stout, or something of that sort. I'm trying to branch out to other styles from other countries but I love a good ole hoppy clean 'merican ale!

Always seem to have a cream ale available either on tap or in a bottle. Not really sure why, but there's always one there. :drunk:

Good to cut some of the heavier beers that are in the mix usually....

Stout. Made 9 batches so far, of which 3 were stouts and 1 was a porter. Two more are planned and one will be another stout :)

I pretty much stay with Ales...Belgian Style, American, Scottish and English. There is so much you can do when you start out with one of these basics.

I am still a newbie with only13 brews done but I have done scottish 60 or 80s 5 times and still plan to stick to that. I will be trying to do Blondes and All grain in the next few months.:)

APA and IPA most often but I really enjoy brewing styles that I've never brewed before. Except lagers, I just can't get excited about a lager and I'm not sure why...:confused:

Saison, for sure. It's my favorite beer, and my wife's, so it has to be in the house.

So glad to see this; same here! I love saisons in the spring/summer, then I move over to bocks/stouts for the fall and winter months.

I love the versatility of the saisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back