What size frige

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there isnt really an average size. it really just depends on how many kegs you need to keep cold, if you are lagering, and a few other considerations. how many kegs are you planning to keep on tap?

Common configurations are largely dependant on what's available either cheap or free and what size footprint your dwelling or SWMBO will allow.

What you 'll see alot of:
Sanyo 4211/12 Dorm type fridge
Commercial Home Kegerators with upgraded towers
Older model 70's Type Fridge
Chest Freezers
Full size Refrigerators
Commercial Kegerators
Reach in Coolers
Home Made Cold Box
Walk in Coolers

Look in my gallery. I have a full size fridge with 4 taps and room for 6 kegs.

That looks about what i'm looking for. What do you use the freezer for? Is it possible to set the freezer a frige temps to store bottles of beer/ soda? Stupid question but the reason I ask is that I was going to sell SWMBO on the idea of getting another frige with the angle that she would have a LITTLE extra room for her beer/soda. But just as I'm writing this I'm thinking, Hell No!, I don't want to share my frige, let her get her own toys! I have a sun room that is attatched to the house and garage that is a nice size so room really isn't a problem.

If you use a freezer, you're going to need an external temperature controller. These run anywhere from an ebay bargain $30 to as much as $100+.

http://pivo.northernbrewer.com/nbstore/action/search-do?searchTerm=Temperature+Controller

These are also very handy if you have a fridge so that you can control fermentation temperatures. It can be 130°F in my garage, but I can maintain a fermentation environment of 62°F in my converted fridge.

There is also an animal called a 2 stage Temperature Controller so that you can hook up a heating pad or heat lamp. Very useful if your garage gets colder than your target temperature.

Back