What should I brew next??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to brew next

• IPA

• Bud, Miller, Coors Clone for the SWMBO

• Stout

• Irish Red

• Try browsing throught the recipe database blindfolded and see what comes up

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, summer beers are good to get started now. How about a wit? Something with fruit? Something light in general for the yard parties?

IPA, coz that's what I'm thinking. Maybe Blacklabs cascade and orange one in the database - sounds like a nice summery IPA.

I voted light. You will be getting warm soon enough and you always want to impress well on the lady of the house.

Go Red! No real reason, just thought I'd vote for something different. But your poll is lacking. There should be a wheat option up there, which is what I'd vote for.

I'm not voting. It's summertime and you don't have hefeweizen on your list. That really makes me steamed. You don't have steam beer, either! Man, any lighter beers with flavor? How about a SMaSH?

EDIT: Or a cream ale! Get with the program!

*tsk tsk* :p

Ha ha, the reason I don't have a cream ale or a wheat on there is because my cream ale is on tap and my wheat is fermenting right now. Guess I should have given that background info in my original post huh.

OK then, fair enough, I vote for an IPA, but you have to match the recipe IBU's with the total # of votes gathered. :) You'll be on your way to a Pliny Clone soon!

I voted Stout. I think Stouts are good year round personally :)

OK then, fair enough, I vote for an IPA, but you have to match the recipe IBU's with the total # of votes gathered. :) You'll be on your way to a Pliny Clone soon!

Ha ha, people had better start voting then. Right now (48 votes) I don't even know if you would consider this a semi IPA.

FYI for all others who still want me to make a cream ale and a wheat....I have a cream ale on tap and a wheat fermenting.

Ha ha, people had better start voting then. Right now (48 votes) I don't even know if you would consider this a semi IPA.

FYI for all others who still want me to make a cream ale and a wheat....I have a cream ale on tap and a wheat fermenting.

Yeah, but you can never have too many wheat beers ;)

If you have your summer beers on tap; Steam, Cream Ale, Wheat, etc, then I agree with previous posted about brewing your big beers so they are ready for Fall/Winter...

Barleywine, Belgian Dubel/Triple, RIS....etc

First, I voted IPA cuz that's what I'm doing next. I tried my first recently, liked it, and thought, "I can make that."

Second, there's no shame in making a Bud clone, if you go that way. Bud is a very good beer. The problem was, for years it was the ONLY beer.

Third, Not that you were looking for advice, but I'll give it anyway. Brew something you never tried before. New experiences are always good.

Joe

Yeah, new experiments are good.

I made my first real roggenbier yesterday. It's not to style, unfortunately, as my efficiency crapped out on me and I didn't boil down enough. Hrmm...maybe I'll add some wheat extract and bring the gravity up.

OP, sweeeet avatar. I change my vote to a stout, after the man in black.

Thanks, I guess I need to start going by the motto What Would Johnny Do huh?

I'm still on the fence with this one, I'm starting to get persuaded towards this BMC clone though....sounds like a challenge and I've never tried to make one before.

Speaking of SWMBO, I'm also fermenting a batch of sweet mead for her. I made a somewhat dry batch earlier. It came out GREAT, but my wif doesn't like dry wines, so this ones for her.

By the way, recently I tried a super-light American Ale. She pronounced it "not bad"; my biggest success in that area in 15 years. :)

Joe

Good light beers for summer with flavor!

Saison, Vienna, Wit, Blonde, Ordinary Bitter. All low-in-alcohol, flavorful, unique beers. Perfect for summer. But you'll probably make an IPA. Nothing wrong with that.

I have been making low alcohol beers lately. Bitters, Helles, Wheats.

I want to knock back a few beers and still be in good shape to watch my kid in the evening. If need to hop in the car, I can do that if necessary.

The other good thing about these is they ferment quicker and ready to drink a little bit sooner.

Back