What other hop(s) would be good with Huell Melon and Mosaic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boochuckles

Reaction score
I have some Huell Melon and Mosaic laying around in my freezer I haven't used yet. I want to brew something using them. I have 2 oz of each. I'm shooting for an IPA. Thinking like 14# Marris Otter and us-05. Thinking Mosaic at 20 mins and HM at 5 mins. 14 days primary, 14 secondary @ 70. I've never brewed with either. I've drank plenty of Mosaic and had the Huell in one homebrew. I think they'll pair well but I feel like there should be at least something else in there.

Thoughts/Suggestions, please and thanks

Sort of exaggerating, but with 14# of malt you will need more. I just made a juicebomb northeast ipa that used 12.5 oz total. You might fall somewhere in between

I get only about a 70-78% efficiency right now. I don't get to brew that often to try to bring that up. I have been slowly but that's why I like a larger amount of grain. I still want to get higher apv brew

I brewed a Hoppy Belgian Pale that used Mosaic,Hull Melon,Belma and Hallertua Blanc.
I was really happy with it and I thought the hops worked well together.

Back