What next...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJPalenchar

Reaction score
We have a chocolate milk stout in the primary. A czech pilsner in the mr beer and the Mexican cervesas in the fridge that should be ready to drink on Friday. What to do next? Im wanting to do another full boil Friday and I'm wanting to do something that has a quick fermentation and short conditioning time. I haven't met a beer yet that I don't like so I'm open to almost anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks DJ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Home Brew mobile app

If you are looking for quick turnaround, some styles that lend themselves to that are:

British Ordinary Bitter, British Dark Mild, American Wheat, american pale ale that is on the lower gravity/hop threshold..... I regularly turn those beers around in 14-21 days from brewday to serving (I keg and force carbonate.) Basically if you are dealing with a 1.040 type ale, you can crank them out pretty fast and not compromise the quality.

You have one Dark, and two light colored beers. Time for an Amber/Brown. I agree with the good braufesser- if you want a fast turnaround, keep the OG on the low side. On the otherhand, as Denny says " Life begins at 60. 1.060 that is".
Visit a packie with a good beer selection and a 'create-your-own 6 pack'. Try something you haven't before, and if you like it, work up a recipe. Or, there's always the local brewpub. Call it 'Research'. :mug:

Back