What made your beer better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me pure O2 was a big upgrade I have very good water quality and my basement temperature is very stable within 2 degrees 68-70 so maybe I had a different situation than others a stir plate was also a nice add on both were cheap my next upgrade will be stainless fermenters I can tell you the worst upgrade I made was the stainless brew siphon big money no reward

For me, it was calcing pitching rate and making a starter for yeast health, oxygen using a stone at transfer, yeast nutrient in the boil and fermentation temp control with fridge and stc-1000.

For me, it was calcing pitching rate and making a starter for yeast health, oxygen using a stone at transfer, yeast nutrient in the boil and fermentation temp control with fridge and stc-1000.
When I started brewing with a fellow homebrewer he turned me on to making starters and yeast nutrient and it made a huge difference in attenuation and fermentation.

Back