What is this regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanH

Reaction score
I scored some cheap ball lock kegs in a craigslist deal and this regulator came with them. It looks like what the "indoor growers" sell on Craigslist but can I adapt it for homebrew uses? The back has one high pressure side, one low, one marked SV, and one unmarked going to the electric thing. Any info is appreciated.

image-1776527471.jpg

image-4098915014.jpg

Looks like an old primary that has a flow gauge on the high pressure side and a cap on the output. For the amount of work to get it back to PSI and parts I would not bother with it to be honest.

So I can't simply move the cap to the side across from the tank and out a barb on the bottom?

That thing looks nasty. On top of the low pressure outlet fittings, you'd need to remove the flow meter and add a low pressure gauge in its place to have the end result be useful for carbing/dispensing beer. I'd be inclined to agree that the cost just to find out if the regulator itself is functional would be a close call as to net value...

Cheers!

Top, Labelled Low, has a 0-60psi guage. The bottom is labeled "SV" and is capped. The tank side is labeled high and the flow meter is across from the tank without a label.

So... I have a low pressure gauge on it now. I haven't hooked it up to a tank yet though.

Duh. You're right, that is a low pressure gauge, and in the proper location. Sorry, was out of my mind for a second.

Makes enough difference that you might as well go ahead and strip off the flow meter, plug the bypass port and use whatever parts left over to make up an outlet.

But clean that poor thing first. I wouldn't even bring it in the house as it is...

Cheers! ;)

Lol it looks like I'm selling it plus a 20# co2 tank to some pot head for $100. I only paid $15 for both.

Back