What Hops Would You Go With????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anubis

Reaction score
Let's say it was your birthday and someone was going to buy you hops. Let's say you could have 30-40 ounces.:ban:

What would you pick?

This is what I came up with on a whim

(6) Amarillo
(8) Cascade
(6) Citra
(4) Magnum
(4) Nugget
(6) Simcoe

I have 3 days left to decide! HELP!

I would say that seems very American hop heavy. I love fuggles and northern brewer. I a not too familiar with Simcoe, but maybe some English love if you like English ales as well.

CITRA!!! With out a doubt. So aromatic and flavorful! Plus they seem to sell out sooner since they are a newer variety. 30-40 oz....you'll be so happy when you see all those hops in one place!

Hell yeah, I am brewing a Citra IPA tomorrow morning! I do tend to lean more toward American styles, mostly because that's what I like to drink aside from a select few.
Keep 'em comin'!

Figure what you want to brew.

40 ozs. That's about 10 beers.

What's your average bittering use? 1.5 ozs of 10+AA hops. So you will need about 15 ozs of bittering hops. Go for Magnum; nice neutral hop, goes with everything. Ditch the Nugget.

What's your average flavor/aroma use? Assume 2.5 ozs per brew. Would suggest:

Amarillo
Citra
Centennial
Cascade
Goldings

5 ozs of each. All depends on what you want to brew.

Latest posts

Back