What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad...tight draw.

20170808_194146.jpg

Most exp cigar I have tried til date... 25 bucks. Damn it was STRONG, felt like a hammer blow to the face!! After that it calmed down and was pleasant... 17 yr anniversary...

20170809_211645.jpg

I noticed some of you guys are rolling your own. Where are you getting your leaf?? Haven't rolled for a few years and would like to get back in the groove. Any help would be appreciated.

Pat

Does home rolling make the hobby more affordable or that a myth like home brewing?

The equipment is far less expensive than brewing equipment unless you want a full on rolling station, a press, and a mold for every single vitola.

I guess I should come straight with an answer. Its way cheaper, especially if you don't go buy a bunch of fancy toys. My sticks average me between $1-$2 ea because I have a lot of waste i don't care to roll with or my costs would be even lower. That $1-$2 home roll smokes up there with a lot of premiums imo because I rolled it exactly to my tastes and know it's going to deliver the experience I want. Just like with brewing there is a learning curve and starting out things may not look so good, but unlike brewing even the ugly home rolls seem to taste pretty good unless your blend or leaf is complete garbage.

Last night I had to test out some new San Andres wrapper I got from my mentor. Rolled 8/9 but smoked great. Going to have to talk him out of more

View attachment 1502800113057.jpg

I guess I should come straight with an answer. Its way cheaper, especially if you don't go buy a bunch of fancy toys. My sticks average me between $1-$2 ea because I have a lot of waste i don't care to roll with or my costs would be even lower. That $1-$2 home roll smokes up there with a lot of premiums imo because I rolled it exactly to my tastes and know it's going to deliver the experience I want. Just like with brewing there is a learning curve and starting out things may not look so good, but unlike brewing even the ugly home rolls seem to taste pretty good unless your blend or leaf is complete garbage.

Last night I had to test out some new San Andres wrapper I got from my mentor. Rolled 8/9 but smoked great. Going to have to talk him out of more

I just may have to give it a shot...

Back