What gauge SS are Hoff Stevens kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zamial

Reaction score
As the title reads, "What gauge SS are Hoff Stevens kegs?"

I was able to find that SS Sanke kegs are 18 gauge. Anyone have any solid info on the thickness of a stainless HS keg? I would hate to have to cut into one to find out.

THANKS!

Are you asking for welding purposes? I sort of assumed they were all pretty much the same thickness, after all, they hafta handle pretty much the same pressures.

I don't know why you ask. Is there a story behind this madness? I am pretty sure people more qualified than me engineered these items.

Yes I have a non-beer related task that I may or may not be able to use 2 extra ones I have laying about for.

Yes I know I can do other things with them and I plan to use the nicer 3 for that but the ugly one(s) may get hacked up depending on the gauge. Like I said before I would be upset if I screwed one up and then found out I could not use it...

I don't know if anybody still cares but I just hit my hoff-stevens keggle with my cheap home set of calipers. It's either 13 or 14 gauge, leaning towards 14. (yes, that how cheap my at-home calipers are) It measures a hair over 2mm, but I think the hair over was because I couldn't find a nice flat spot to measure.

Back