What do you think...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Z28

Reaction score
So, I was tooling around with ideas while at work, and one hit me for a tap handle. I'm building a bar that's very outdoors themed and, I figured this would hit the nail on the head. So, I got a rod from work, and cut the end off and threw a 3/8" nut in the middle of the blank(ABU Garcia-hence the For Life). I thought it was a solid idea, but the lady doesn't seem to think the same. What do you guys think?

My plan was to build the rest of my bar with the same type of blanks, each black would correspond to the color of the beer. IE, white would be a wit, black for a porter....and so on. I can get the rods through work, so cost isn't a big deal. Just though it would be cool.

Picture....

taps_zpsbaf90632.jpg

What's the rod material? Can you post a pic of the rest of the room? It may or may not aesthetically fit.

outdoor theme: is it hunting/fishing, hippie/yurt, extreme/rockclimbing, water/scuba, camping/trails, etc?

Current bar isn't finished...in fact I haven't even started yet. But, I plan to do a fishing theme with the bar. Which what the reason I went with a fishing rod handle. The room will be painted a different color, new bar built around a Keezer, ect...

I just had an extra rod handle laying around at work, so I grabbed it and gave it a whirl.

Back