What do you think would happen if you fermented this..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unique username

Reaction score
750kg brown sugar
handful of All bran
1/4 cup plain flour
splash of corn flour
400kg blended pearl barley
1/4 cup of polenta
5 black tea bags
few table spoons coriander
dash of instant coffee
possibly a little ground soup mix?
16-18 litres of water
2-3 heaped teaspoons of Vegemite

heat those ingredients one hour with some water, filter and add rest of water
add 2 packets bakers yeast
.. ferment

pretty crazy stuff. What do you think would happen? I found this idea written in a book of ridiculous ideas I would have years ago. Not making it.. but maybe will have to one day in the distant future for a laugh. I am just curious to what people think would happen.

Cupcakes sounds like a good addition, why not at this point..

I was thinking the extra sugar because of using unmated peal barley but not really sure how that works. Just taking guesses on things really. Have not really done much home brewing especially not in the past 10 years.

The only thing that will actually ferment is the brown sugar. Not sure what the result will be but please go for it and let us know.

Sounded great right up until Vegemite. An Australian exchange student gave me some of that stuff one time. I can usually find the beauty in anything, but I have to say it fascinates me to no end that Australia loves that stuff so much. On the other hand, I just heard the other day that most of the world thinks peanut butter is weird. There's probably a lesson in all of this somewhere. In the spirit of not hijacking a thread, I'll just say "go for it. " But I can't imagine what that brew would taste like.;)

Latest posts

Back