What do you ride??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atoughram

Reaction score
Currently a Kawi Concours 14 & Kawi KLR-650

Vision Quest 2010 005.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

My dad rides a Honda Vstar. I did a few medium-speed rides last summer when he was teaching my mom and I to ride motorcycles. It was FUN, but my mom ended up breaking her wrist while I was at some summer classes and it all fell through when she decided "nah, I'd rather not drive bikes". Sadly, the bike we were training on wasn't my own personal purchase, so it wasn't my decision. I'm really thinking about a bike in my free-time for around-the-town-slower-speed riding. It was so fun to just ride that bastard around <30mph, I can only imagine how liberating it feels at higher speeds :mug:

Once I hopefully have a degree in Aerospace engineering, I would LOVE to be able to ride motorcycles around in some of the killler atmospheres and weathers that come along with the profession!!!!

I have a Suzuki LS650 Bobber. No turn signals, gas gauge, speedometer, etc. It's basically frame, engine, seat, tank, wheels, brakes, head and tail lights.

She's currently non functional (electrical issue) after I had to lay the bike down a few months ago. Some ******* pulled out in front of me and then drove off. My buddy is coming over on Tuesday to see if we can get the bike fixed.

381705_282586751795488_1607017238_n.jpg

83 Honda Nighthawk 650, she may not be pretty, but she will scoot right along.

Wow that's a big horse!

I'd like to have one of those Suzuki thumpers. They have a cult like following.

DR650?? I should have test rode one of those before I bought my KLR. I rode a friends and really liked it.

Currently a 2004 GS Adventure, here looking like something out of "The Grapes of Wrath"

6,700 miles Florida to Utah, well, I got sidetracked.

West.jpg

Shanks Mare for me.......... I gave up the donorcycles years ago, and after 2 years on horseback all day long every day, I don't ride those for "fun" anymore either.... only to do a job. To be fair, I was going to be an organ donor if I didn't quit the two wheelers........ It boiled down to a choice......motorcycles or life!

H.W.

2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I wouldn't go smaller than a 750 for driving around here, need the get up and get out of the way with some of the local drivers. It is my starter bike and I really like it, though I kinda want something a little bigger.

My ride is a 1999 Honda Gold Wing...GL1500SE. Over the past ten riding seasons, I've put on about 84,000 miles; it will turn 100K on the odometer this season.

glenn514:mug:

IMG_0002.jpg

Currently a Kawi Concours 14 & Kawi KLR-650

I miss my KLR. I've debated trying to sell my current bike for another Enduro/Adventure bike....

20131007_194505.jpg

My current baby,'08 z750S. She's a lot of fun. I'm going to put the belly-guard back on. Not sure I'll change anything.

I bought a used Honda 250 back in about '78. I had a learners permit, and during that time I had several episodes of cars pulling out of driveways in front of me close enough to cause a panic stop. I put it away after about 3 weeks and sold it a few months later for less than half of what I bought it for.

Unless I move way out into the sticks someday...... It is way to dangerous for me in the N.E. suburbs.

2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I wouldn't go smaller than a 750 for driving around here, need the get up and get out of the way with some of the local drivers. It is my starter bike and I really like it, though I kinda want something a little bigger.

I had a 750 ACE for a few years - I wouldn't call it a starter bike - I've been riding for a long time and still enjoyed it a lot! I, like you, thought I'd get something a little bigger so I bought a VT1100 - which had maybe five more HP... :( I helped deliver a 600 Shadow for a friend of mine, his "Starter Bike" and it really was an entertaining bike. Pretty peppy too!

When your on a Shadow, it's not about the speed. :) I got rid of the 1100 Shadow after riding it to Reno once. It was a great bike if you were going to stay in state but anything more than a few hundred miles really wore me down.

I had a 750 ACE for a few years - I wouldn't call it a starter bike - I've been riding for a long time and still enjoyed it a lot! I, like you, thought I'd get something a little bigger so I bought a VT1100 - which had maybe five more HP... :( I helped deliver a 600 Shadow for a friend of mine, his "Starter Bike" and it really was an entertaining bike. Pretty peppy too!

When your on a Shadow, it's not about the speed. :) I got rid of the 1100 Shadow after riding it to Reno once. It was a great bike if you were going to stay in state but anything more than a few hundred miles really wore me down.

I feel you there. Mine has enough pick up. I haven't really been for a good long cruise on it yet, probably the farthest I have been on it has been a little over an hour. Nice comfy seat, wasnt too painful. Though I think if I go on any longer of a ride I definitely will want a windshield and to get new highway pegs. Helmet drag gets a touch painful on the neck on longer trips.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395948754.996756.jpg

Here's mine. 2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna FLD Switchback, with all the accessories removed (windshield, saddlebags, passenger seat, sissy bar, etc). I prefer the "stripped down" configuration for everyday riding.

Back