What do you drive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2011 VW Jetta SE- looks like the pic, but a lot dirtier

Wife has a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe (the 7 seater)

Daughter has a 2005 Jeep Liberty

Attachments

• 47865861.jpg
    47865861.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 42
Some nice rides in here! Can't believe I haven't seen this post before!

Summer toy, '90 VW:
full

Daily, '12 Audi A3 Sport back platinum:
full

I'm partial to the white one... ;)

IMG_20170512_091820_781.jpg

Unfortunately that was a college ride, and at the time I couldn't afford to keep up with it as a daily driver so it got sold. Still miss it. Also a '90.

Current DD is a Toyota Prius V. It's an appliance. But, it gets good mileage and allows me to fit three kits in the back seat (two in carseats) and still have room for a bunch of stuff (like, my legs), without being one of those minivan people. I don't at all enjoy driving it, but it does what I need it to. I don't even have a picture of it.

Current DD is a Toyota Prius V. It's an appliance. But, it gets good mileage and allows me to fit three kits in the back seat (two in carseats) and still have room for a bunch of stuff (like, my legs), without being one of those minivan people. I don't at all enjoy driving it, but it does what I need it to. I don't even have a picture of it.
Extract or all-grain?

I'm partial to the white one... ;)

View attachment 622239

Unfortunately that was a college ride, and at the time I couldn't afford to keep up with it as a daily driver so it got sold. Still miss it. Also a '90.

Sweet! But you lost me at Prius.

I hear you though. I was lucky I could hang on to it and get a different DD (A3 Jetta). It was getting to the point where it needed some work and couldn't be 100% dependable all the time. It's sad cause I mostly look at it fir fear of wrecking it.

Sweet! But you lost me at Prius.

I hear you though. I was lucky I could hang on to it and get a different DD (A3 Jetta). It was getting to the point where it needed some work and couldn't be 100% dependable all the time. It's sad cause I mostly look at it fir fear of wrecking it.

Yeah I was driving in the pouring rain one night when the heater core blew. I was only a few miles from home so I turned around and started trying to limp it back with steam blasting out of the vents and coolant spilling all over my feet. Got about halfway back and the cable shift linkage snapped off at the trans. I was like THATS IT!!!. Done.

Yeah I was driving in the pouring rain one night when the heater core blew. I was only a few miles from home so I turned around and started trying to limp it back with steam blasting out of the vents and coolant spilling all over my feet. Got about halfway back and the cable shift linkage snapped off at the trans. I was like THATS IT!!!. Done.
Ha! That's nothing. I've blown the seals on the supercharger at least twice, melted the #1 piston, had the engine out a couple of times, gone through everything and rebuilt it, replaced all the bushings, fixed the rust around the 3rd brake light and a host of other things.

Oddly enough, I still love that car.

...and a 2017 Durango R/T - that apparently looks like a police rig when viewed in a rear view mirror given how many people bail out of the left lane when I'm approaching :D

I posted way upthread with my '09 Wrangler, which I still have, but it's kinda difficult to fit a wife and three kids in a Wrangler.

I ended up in 2016 buying a 2014 Ford Flex Limited. The below obviously isn't a picture of mine, but it looks basically the same.

2013-ford-flex-left-side-view.jpg

I was really looking at the Durango at the time. Only problem was that my requirements for each were a little different:
  1. I only buy used, I wasn't looking for new.
  2. The Ford needed to be >=2013 (new body), the Dodge needed to be >=2014 (new upgraded 8-speed transmission).
  3. I like the styling more on the Ford, so I didn't care about paying for the AWD fast EcoBoost version. However if I got the Dodge, I *only* wanted the R/T. I figure if it looks as tough as a Durango, it should drive as fast, right?
  4. I don't like buying black, so I wanted that slate gray color. That made it VERY hard to find used.
As a result, in early 2016 there just weren't nearly enough used Durango R/T's that met my criteria on the market, and the price differential between a Durango R/T and even a Ford Flex Limited was >>$5K.

I do like those Durangos though...

I found a pic of 98 4runners. Nothing could make the camry look cool. Here is the camry's 1mzfe.
Screenshot_20190416-222933_Google.jpeg
Screenshot_20190416-222325_Google.jpeg
Screenshot_20190416-221516_Google.jpeg

2018 Aston-Martin Vantage.............................. in my dreams.

Actually a white 2014 Dodge Charger SE. Lots of fun to sit on the shoulder of the entrance ramp to the interstate and watch the brake lights come on. Chargers are real popular with law enforcement.

All the Best,
D. White

2018 Aston-Martin Vantage.............................. in my dreams.

Actually a white 2014 Dodge Charger SE. Lots of fun to sit on the shoulder of the entrance ramp to the interstate and watch the brake lights come on. Chargers are real popular with law enforcement.

All the Best,
D. White

I drive my wife crazy. Does that count?

Latest posts

Back