What do you drive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice, is that a Lagoon? The Benny is a friend's but I have put thousands of offshore miles on it in the last few years. :ban:

Wildcat, small South African builder no longer in business. Its maiden voyage was Durban SA to St Pete, Florida. Then a long meandering route thru the GOM and Caribbean over a period of over a decade...now in Panama.

I used to race on a Beneteau 38...not the best light air performer, but she would get up and roll with a bit of breeze. Fortunately, we raced in a windy venue, Lake Texoma Texas, so usually finished near the top of the fleet. Even made a local magazine cover because we were the only crew willing to fly a chute in 30 knots during big regatta. We blew out one chute and broke a few things, nearly submarined the bow, but got the old Benny up over 10 knots and won the race! :cool:

View attachment 1447071829216.jpg

'99 Cherokee. About 175,000 miles. Chili Pepper Red.

Not bad mechanically, but having lived in Michigan all it's life, I've already replaced the floorboards and need to replace the rockers.

It ain't fancy, but it gets me around.

My far-from-every-dayer is this. It hasn't moved in over a year though. I need to get to work on it. My boy has been asking if we still have it because he hasn't seen it in a year and a half.

2011-08-18 20.49.31.jpg

2012 Mustang GT in the summer, 2009 Focus in the winter.

The photo of the car in the background while brewing was just taken yesterday, actually. Which reminds me, I really really need to put the Focus back on the road before I find myself stranded at work in a snow storm with the Mustang... :0

image2.jpg

image1.JPG

'99 Cherokee. About 175,000 miles. Chili Pepper Red.

Not bad mechanically, but having lived in Michigan all it's life, I've already replaced the floorboards and need to replace the rockers.

It ain't fancy, but it gets me around.

Cool another Cherokee!

Mine has never been further N than Texas so no rust issues.

My far-from-every-dayer is this. It hasn't moved in over a year though. I need to get to work on it. My boy has been asking if we still have it because he hasn't seen it in a year and a half.

That's just begging for two surfboards strapped to the top! If you drive it down here, the first round's on me.

Had a car get totaled (someone backed into it when parked), used that as an opportunity to invest the $10k insurance check and then I bought a complete beater. Suzuki Swift 4 lyf.

My brewing setup is actually worth about 3x my car, lol.

Im rollin' heavy in a 2001 light blue Chrysler Town & Country. 198K on it and it refuses to give up.

Dark tint + full leather + Infinity speakers = Big Pimpin

But still, my brew system is worth far more than my minivan...

Car in my avatar - 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 555 RWHP (~650 crank HP), 525 RWTQ, 392CI / 6.4L, Edelbrock blower. I like my car being a sleeper. ;)

Cool thing to note.... Walter White in Breaking Bad drove a black 300 SRT8 in the last season of the show. The audio engineers for the show saw a Youtube video of my car on the dyno and sent me a message wanting to hire me to drive so they could record audio of my car and dub it in for the one in the show.

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_9515e.JPG

Underhood_1.JPG

The wife does joke about that with the outback. Not so much the wrx

My wife drives an Outback and likes to do the lesbian wave to other Outbacks.

It's a decent car, kept us away from the dreaded minivan, and I got to keep my WRX. :D

My wife drives an Outback and likes to do the lesbian wave to other Outbacks.

It's a decent car, kept us away from the dreaded minivan, and I got to keep my WRX. :D

You sir, are doing it right. We have found that 2 turbos in the family makes for a happy marriage. I just wish I could do some work on the outback xt. Would love to bring it up to my Wrx's level.

You sir, are doing it right. We have found that 2 turbos in the family makes for a happy marriage. I just wish I could do some work on the outback xt. Would love to bring it up to my Wrx's level.

Sadly the Outback is not a turbo, basic 4cyl with the CVT transmission. Stomp on the gas and it makes lots of noise, but not much happens.

I had an X3 built for my birthday. Added just about every option they had. Completely over the top.

MyX3.JPG

What day is it? Like most farms, we have a small fleet of vehicles and equipment. Today I drove a 2018 Chevy Colorado (my wife's daily driver), a 94 Dodge 1 ton (field service truck) a 90 Peterbilt 377 and a 66 John Deere 4020. My daily driver is an 02 Chevy half ton but it didn't get driven today.

I'm waiting for a Navy guy to post an Ohio class SSBN.
Still waiting for a military guy to post - be it an Ohio class sub, a Nimitz or Ford class carrier - or hell, even a destroyer... or an Army guy with a tank, etc.

Personally, I wish I could post something cool... but me and SWMBO both pilot Mazda 3s. She has a '12 wagon, I have a '15 sedan. It's a pretty fun car to drive, for a compact econobox, and I get mid 30's to 40 MPG off it.
On the water is my dad's 28 foot sailboat, and a Laser, Laser 2 (still being refurb'ed) and a Flying Junior. I've got in my head to get a cheap little bowrider and maybe a little sailboat that doesn't require hiking out - a Beetlecat or equivalent or something - for fun.

Current rides are a near-classic 2000 Audi S4 (cutie-equipped :D)....

audi_s4_3.jpg

...and a 2017 Durango R/T - that apparently looks like a police rig when viewed in a rear view mirror given how many people bail out of the left lane when I'm approaching :D

durango_09_sm_cl.jpg

durango_02.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sold my Scion FR-S when I moved to Vietnam and bought a VW Sportwagen when I got back. The Sportwagen is, well, surprisingly sporty.

Still miss the FR-S, though...

BK911491-X5.jpg

A boring Honda Civic. Before that, a VW Rabbit my wife (then GF) purchased against my advice. Various company vehicles over the years while I still worked in the auto industry (either Ford Focus or Nissan Versa). I miss my old Toyota MR2. When I have the space, time, and money I'll get and restore another one. Favourite car I ever owned.

2001 Pathfinder with a manual, I love to shift! Most of the year my daily driver is a fixed gear Bianchi, red and fast, no shifting there!

Nothing fancy. But it is very versatile. And so far has been my most trouble free car. 2012 Kia Soul+

Tried to upload a picture = File to large!!!

An old thread come back to life! Since I last posted, my Audi Allroad was replaced with an MB E500. Pic from when I bought it 2.5 years ago.

IMG_1940.JPG

Back