What do with yeast starter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zero_gabe

Reaction score
So i made a yeast starter on friday hoping that i would be able to brew today. But things came up and i wasnt able to. Now the problem is i wont be able to until next weekend. What can i do with my yeast starter to save it for next week? Will i have to do another starter? Will it be good to pitch as is? Whats the est way to store this starter? Thanks guys!

I would boil the crap out of a canning jar to sanitize, toss it in there, wrap in a towel and toss it in the fridge. As for another starter its not going to hurt but totally not needed. I am a big fan of the vacuum seal of a canning jar.

Cheers
Jay

I would boil the crap out of a canning jar to sanitize, toss it in there, wrap in a towel and toss it in the fridge. As for another starter its not going to hurt but totally not needed. I am a big fan of the vacuum seal of a canning jar.

Cheers
Jay

+1 and if you like to pitch your starters at high krausen you can always step that slurry up with another liter of wort towards the end of the week.

Should to op when Going to add more wort first decant the old wort?

Back