What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
06DABA3F-DB8E-49EC-BFB6-A1CA0CFF31DB.jpeg

Tuna steak.

View attachment 781211
I got a couple beautiful beefsteak tomatoes at the farmer’s market for home baked sourdough sandwich loaf.
No big deal, here, but the toast is home baked sourdough.

I was just visiting relatives up in pennsylvania and we stopped at the Amish farmers market. Your picture was on my mind and I picked up some sourdough and some phat tomatoes and made a similar sandwhich two days in a row. Delish!

Link to a process/recipe? That sounds awesome. Also, sounds like a great way to store too much fish to eat after a good day of fishing. What smoke liquid do you use?
Here ya go. It is simple. I use LEM liquid smoke. It is basically brine as you would with the smoker. Except pack into jars with liquid smoke. Note no extra brine goes into jars. Just rinsed fish and liquid smoke. I have doing walleye. Which kinda "dry" for being over cooked but delicious. Thought about adding oils just haven't done the research.

Attachments

• 16654499702208876209648367250208.jpg
    16654499702208876209648367250208.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 0
Here ya go. It is simple. I use LEM liquid smoke. It is basically brine as you would with the smoker. Except pack into jars with liquid smoke. Note no extra brine goes into jars. Just rinsed fish and liquid smoke. I have doing walleye. Which kinda "dry" for being over cooked but delicious. Thought about adding oils just haven't done the research.
thanks! Used to catch a ton of walleye up in ohio. Thick on the maumee river.

First time making duck, from a few days ago

View attachment 781751

Mine came out GREAT! Maybe not as perfect as yours there. I let it go for about 20 minutes on the fat side to get it nice and crispy. Just a couple minutes on the meat side. Ate it while watching the Lightning season opener.

1665583716418.png

Every October a good number of us get together and do a huge chili cook, and this year's turned out awesome. Its never exactly the same year to year, as there is no followed recipe, but this year it went something like: 35 lbs tomatoes, 20 lbs onions, 8 lbs beans, 10 lbs chuck roast, 7 lbs ground beef/pork, 4 lbs smoked brisket and 5 lbs bacon. All of the necessary spices added and toppings to go along with it. Pic one is before cooking down to final volume, pic two is after we all got our fill.
20221008_140228.jpg20221008_132827.jpg

Back