What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rotisserie chicken (wife's hands; she's into butter...and meat)
PXL_20210122_010444223.jpg
PXL_20210122_030741935.jpg

I was looking for some way to use some ground pork and found this recipe. I added some grated carrot, subbed pasilla pepper for the birdseye because of the youngins and just added my fermented chili sauce to mine. Everyone loved it.
If you like that sweet savory kinda pork, try Lu Rou Fan. Very popular dish in Taiwan and one of my absolute favorites. Its one of the first really authentic Taiwan dishes i ever had. VERY ADDICTIVE!

I have to try both of these! I had Lu Rou Fan in Taiwan once, but I did not remember the name. Do you have a favorite recipe for Lu Rou Fan?

I have to try both of these! I had Lu Rou Fan in Taiwan once, but I did not remember the name. Do you have a favorite recipe for Lu Rou Fan?

Yeah, the one i DONT have to cook. :D They are all similar. Just pick one. There are a bunch out there. Minced pork belly is best but ive had it with ground pork too.

Today is a green chile chicken day. Something i can just toss together in the instant pot

About 15 boneless thighs browned in avocado oil.
1 large can of Las Palmas green enchilada sauce (28oz)
1 small can of Hernedez salsa verde. (7oz)
1.5 cups of chicken bone broth.

Pressure cook on high for 10min with keep warm on.

Allow a natural release.
Leave on keep warm however long you want

Im going to shred mine and mix some of the sauce back in for things like burritos. So its gunna slow cook awhile until it shreds easily.

Today is a green chile chicken day. Something i can just toss together in the instant pot

About 15 boneless thighs browned in avocado oil.
1 large can of Las Palmas green enchilada sauce (28oz)
1 small can of Hernedez salsa verde. (7oz)
1.5 cups of chicken bone broth.

Pressure cook on high for 10min with keep warm on.

Allow a natural release.
Leave on keep warm however long you want

Im going to shred mine and mix some of the sauce back in for things like burritos. So its gunna slow cook awhile until it shreds easily.

Now that the wife is back in nursing school, today, I'll need simple recipes like this because I'll need a break from cooking every day...better if you just vac pack and ship me some food : )

I don't have an air fryer yet, but have the bug to get one. Have you tried bacon wrapped hot dogs in it yet? Curious how that works.

I have not tried bacon wrapped hot dogs yet. But I bet it would turn out great. I also love using our air fryer to reheat certain things that the microwave ruins. Pizza, breaded chicken tenders, french fries, salmon or tuna patties, mozzerela stix to name a few. Mine is an air fryer/rotisserie/dehydrator combo. It has 3 shelves which is nice for heating multiple items at once or large amounts. My MIL is a QVC junkie, we got it for christmas. It is a version of this....

https://www.qvc.com/PowerXL-6-qt-Ai...te-Oven-w-Book.product.K48867.html?sc=NAVLIST

Re: Ruined microwaved food (re: pizza, wings, fries, etc)
The solution is to brief heat in the microwave (30-45sec) then throw into a 450F toaster over for a few minutes. It removes the soggy, droopiness from the microwave and crisps up whatever. With that said, the air fryer can do what the reheating cannot (ie: cook the food initially).

I wanted to use some pita bread last night so I went online and looked at a bunch of pita sandwich recipes. It seemed like they all needed stuff that I didn't have so I decided to make my own and maybe clean out the fridge a bit at the same time. I started by mixing some leftover hummus with some mayo, dijon mustard, sour cream and lemon juice. Then I added in a finely chopped poblano pepper and celery. Finally, I added a can of black beans, chopped up a leftover chicken breast, a big handful of grated cheese, salt and pepper. I think it surprised everyone how good it turned out!

I wanted to use some pita bread last night so I went online and looked at a bunch of pita sandwich recipes. It seemed like they all needed stuff that I didn't have so I decided to make my own and maybe clean out the fridge a bit at the same time. I started by mixing some leftover hummus with some mayo, dijon mustard, sour cream and lemon juice. Then I added in a finely chopped poblano pepper and celery. Finally, I added a can of black beans, chopped up a leftover chicken breast, a big handful of grated cheese, salt and pepper. I think it surprised everyone how good it turned out!

Does sound good. Two left overs used up and Mom used to call that "Refrigerator Review" when I was growing up. In my house it's more like "hazmat mitigation".

Spent the weekend foraging while the wife did school stuff : )
Slippery jacks, pine spikes, oysters, and cauliflower mushrooms
I made chicken stock from my wife's rotisserie chicken and added in half the cauliflowers. The rest along with the pile of shrooms were piled on some rib eye steaks.
PXL_20210201_020621167.jpg
PXL_20210201_000625621.jpg
PXL_20210201_023804359.jpg

I have not posted much recently, but I have cooked some. Time to play catchup.
Amazing Tomato Soup from Costco Vine Ripened Tomatoes with fancy Grill Cheese Sandwiches made with Muenster, smoked Gouda, and medium yellow Cheddar on Sourdough!
IMG_5863.jpg

Goan Pork Vindaloo in Pungent Brown Sauce with Bombay Potatoes served on Basmati rice.
IMG_5862.jpg

And finally Chicken and Dumplings.
IMG_5868.jpg

Busy day yesterday. Patio project if finally over and I got my grills back to where I can use them. Did a huge pot of chili, did a small chuck roast on the pellet grill, then did some filets that I had in the freezer for dinner. Doing steaks at 250 till they hit 122 then a quick seer on the seer grill just works great!
IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

I tried a pound of chicken gizzards in the sous vide, 148F for 24 hours, and they came out unbelievably tender. I've never had gizzards so tender! Then I breaded and put in the airfryer at 450F but by the time the crust was brown at all, they were dehydrated and super chewy. More experimentation required.

Cooked up a slab of meaty pork belly with just salt and pepper. Wanted to be able to use it for a few different things.
tXHLxJr.jpg

Lunch was slow roasted pork belly with a spicy teriyaki sauce(added a good shot of Linghams to it), steamed rice with veggies and some nice ripe kimchi.
xsOhTOk.jpg

Cooked up a slab of meaty pork belly with just salt and pepper. Wanted to be able to use it for a few different things.
tXHLxJr.jpg

Lunch was slow roasted pork belly with a spicy teriyaki sauce(added a good shot of Linghams to it), steamed rice with veggies and some nice ripe kimchi.
xsOhTOk.jpg

Lol, I think we did the exact same thing. I have a nice 1in x 6in chunk of it left in the fridge. I sous vide my bellies.

tXHLxJr.jpg

xsOhTOk.jpg
They had pork belly out the other day. I was alright homemade bacon time, then they wanted over 6$ a lb. Easy pass since I can get quality bacon for less that is alr
eady done.

Latest posts

Back